Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

If you are going to post a "I lost this deer...help" thread on this forum, please ensure that you have as much of the following information as possible so that we can assist you with the situation at hand.

1) Pictures... any pictures, but specifically of the broadhead, shaft, and fletching (on a pass through shot). If you can take pictures of hair at the scene or on your arrows, that is also very helpful. Blood... any good photos of the blood on the trail is also very helpful.
2) Detailed description of the shot placement... We need more info than.... a little back..... a little high...etc... Every hunter has a specific spot that they shoot for. Mine is the dark spot right behind the bend in the front leg on a broadside deer. Others go for the rib cage/lungs/mid-chest of the deer. Be specific and post a pic of a deer with a spot on it so we cand see exactly where you think you hit it.
3) Detailed description of where the deer was positioned and acting during the shot.... 1/4ing away, towards, broadside, etc.... front leg forward, aleart/feeding/passive, etc....
4) Detailed description of what the deer did after you shot... tucked tail, flagging tail, hunched, limping, high bounds/leaps, sounds, etc.... Anything that you can detail regarding the after shot actions of the deer also will help us help you.
5) General description of the surrounding area and weather conditions (today/tomorrow).

My point is, if you don't have anyone local to go to for help, and AT is your key place for guidance, then the above data is critical for us in helping you find a downed animal. Nothing is like being there, but we'll try.

In the same light, you should take note of all of these factors during and after the shot whether you intend to post on AT or not. All of these factors will determine how you should go about tracking and finding your deer.

Hope this helps,

Siefrj

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
WOW! I wonder how people found their deer before the internet came along....:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts