Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear Ye,
Hear Ye,
The dates for NTC/JN have been announced!
JUNE 27-JULY 1, 2012,
Come One,
Come All!

See you there!
Meanwhile,
Planning goes on!
I shall keep you posted!

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,194 Posts
Any suggestions on things to go see in that part of the country if I want to link a vacation to the tournament? I prefer outdoor activities.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hank,

there are alot of outdoor things to do. Miami bike trail, 70 miles of biking very nice and bike rentals avalible for less than $20. Metamora is a small town with a canal boat and train, craft stores, very relaxing picnic. Ky has the Red River gorge area, hiking and climbing, canoeing on the little miami river and in red river gorge. If you want more pm me. All these places have web sites. We will have to meet up and compare all our equipment and techniques and of course find a beverage. Gar.

·
Registered
300 Posts
There is a ton of things to do in the Hamilton area depending on your interest.
Kings Island entertainment park offers more than 80 rides.
The Beach Waterpark. This is a 35 acre park that offers slides, inner tube rides etc.
Cincinnati Nature Center; Rowe Woods. 1,025 acres with 17 miles of nature trails.
Fort Ancient is a prehistoric earthwork built by the early Native Americans
If you want to drive a little further and like aircraft there is the U.S. Airforce Museum, Dayton. Probably one of the best airplane museums in the U.S.
Waynesville has the Little Miami Scenic Trail. This is a 78 mile paved trail.

Want more?

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,194 Posts
Hank,

there are alot of outdoor things to do. Miami bike trail, 70 miles of biking very nice and bike rentals avalible for less than $20. Metamora is a small town with a canal boat and train, craft stores, very relaxing picnic. Ky has the Red River gorge area, hiking and climbing, canoeing on the little miami river and in red river gorge. If you want more pm me. All these places have web sites. We will have to meet up and compare all our equipment and techniques and of course find a beverage. Gar.
I will have to look into the climbing. I am unfamiliar with rocks in that part of the country. There is a lot of limestone as evidenced by the extensive cave networks. I am not really a limestone climber (yes, there is a big difference in climbing styles depending on the type of rock). 'Course, I really like spelunking and would be more inclined to do that since there are so many great caves in Kentucky. I also like canoeing and white water rafting. All these years and I have never been to Ohio and surroundings. I have been to southern Kentucky; it is a very scenic state. Well, I guess I will have to hit the web and then convince the family that Ohio and Kentucky are the places to go next summer. I am setting a precident in a couple of weeks; my wife and I are linking a vacation to the Pac Coast Championships in Northern California. It will be off to Lassen National Park and a Farm stay after the tournament. Should be fun. I wonder if I can buy blunts for my ACE's so that I can stump shoot while I am on the farm?

·
Registered
834 Posts
hank,

might get cheaper arrows for stump shooting...lol. Check 3rivers archery for some of that type equipment. Let me know when you will be in and perhaps we can hook up for a little 3d shooting at my local club. Barebow of course. Gar.

·
Registered
414 Posts
there are alot of outdoor things to do.
Yes, there are! Dodging lightning bolts, avoiding heatstroke, and slipping through mud are all stellar attractions of Ohio in the middle of summer.

Wright-Pat is definitely worth a drive though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts