300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is that "thing" on his UT riser?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Most Tec riser got a 1/4" thread there.
You can screw off-set weights, doinkers or what ever you want in there.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Most archers put weights there to balance out the bow to suit them, but in Mr. Cousins case.......it is a top secret aiming enhancement device. Patent pending from NASA.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so there's the secret of shoting x's :)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
yo momma

stereo speakers. he likes to listen to rap music during tournaments. cups holders will be installed next week too.

·
Occam's Razor
8,313 Posts
I really know this answer......

Having attended one of Dave's seminars quite recently I actually know the answer to this as I asked him that very same question. The short and sweet answer is this.....

They are small but compressed tubes of gas, that spew an orderless and invisible gas that only Dave is immune to. It covers an area of approximately 50 feet to either side of him. The gas effects the vision of other archers so that everything that they look at appears to be actually 3 inches higher than it really is............

And now, you know the rest of the story..............:cool: ...........ck

<----------------------------<<<< CK >>>>------------------------------>

·
Registered
279 Posts
That there is the new ARchery Flask , you can take your rum and coke on the course with you!!!!
Or it could be where Dave hids the ashes of the guys he wastes!

Seriously , there are alot of people putting weight there, for myself it helped balance and the feel of the bow reaction of the shot. A nice place to put some extra weight without messing up the overall balance of the bow

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
I have been putting weights there since 2001. Here is a pic of my 01' Ultra Tec

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
LMBO
there side weights for adding mass weight to the bow to be able to hold steadier.
Shoot Strong
Tony

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,577 Posts
I have to agree with you Brad, I'm proud of mine too (lots of years of hard work to get it there). :D :D :D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Meleagris,

That was the nicest looking bow that I have ever had. I almost didn't sell it because I liked the way it looked. Yes they are Master cams. I am in the middle of setting up an 02' Ultra Tec with them. I should have it ready to rock and roll this week. The 01' Master Cams are my favorite cams.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Chase, that is what you would call a target counter balance! Mine is the 3d counter balance. I patented it about 8 years ago, so don't go trying to take it away from me. I am working on being able to add weight to it in different weather and wind conditions! Stay tuned!!!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts