Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a DSD? I am thinking about purchasing one. The website says if you order now you will get it at the end of the summer. $699.00 is pretty expensive but it looks like it is very high quality. Any advise would be great!

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,994 Posts
Yes, I have one. Crazy realistic. It's heavy, not meant to be carried long distance.

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Ive had excellent luck with the $40 on sale primos forkhorn buck i bought a few years ago. Have had 3-4 bucks destroy it shot a nice mid 140s 8 point off of it as well. Killed him before he beat the snot out of it

Love my DSD tirkey decoys but no way id spend $700 on a heavy buck decoy

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have one of the first ones ever made. It has been excellent over the years. Mine is pretty heavy (32# I think). Since then they have trimmed weight out of them with material and molding improvements. I think Greg at DSD told me that they are under 25# now. The decoy is awesome and looks crazy realistic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one of the first ones ever made. It has been excellent over the years. Mine is pretty heavy (32# I think). Since then they have trimmed weight out of them with material and molding improvements. I think Greg at DSD told me that they are under 25# now. The decoy is awesome and looks crazy realistic.
Wow, I didn't know they weighed that much! It looks so realistic and I think they would make the hunt even better! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Don’t really know how realistic they need to be, I can’t leave my Mckenzies up during season. Bucks will break them in half, as a matter of fact I shot an 8 pointer off the back of one of them once.

·
Team #9
8,768 Posts
I want one ....buddy has one , sent pictures of bunch of deer bedded down next to one , he says the don't seem nervous
around it....thing looks real..I haven't hunt with a Decoy yet but I have a few spots I would like to try it...

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
Does anyone have a DSD? I am thinking about purchasing one. The website says if you order now you will get it at the end of the summer. $699.00 is pretty expensive but it looks like it is very high quality. Any advise would be great!
For $699, you could buy a life size mount of a real buck.

·
Vendor
10,771 Posts
I have used one for a couple seasons now. I carry mine on the back of my Quietkat bike and it is not a problem that way. Would hate to have to pack it far on foot. One thing i will warn you is the first few times you use it you will have a couple heart attacks when you forget it is there and see it out of the corner of your eye. Definitely fun to use.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
I decoy nearly every sit. There is no way I'd buy that. It is to heavy, to expensive, and I'd rather have a Wind Drifter that moves around. For the record, several years ago I bought a blow up doll like doe to try out. It looked fake, but the biggest buck I ever saw came into it. Didn't dust the buck, but this thing did the job. No need for the DSD, for all the reasons! Thing was laughable! LOL I've tried every decoy on the market since, and they all work. Only thing I prefer is lighter, more compact carrying, and more movement. None of that with the DSD!

miss-nov.jpg

·
Registered
698 Posts
I decoy nearly every sit. There is no way I'd buy that. It is to heavy, to expensive, and I'd rather have a Wind Drifter that moves around. For the record, several years ago I bought a blow up doll like doe to try out. It looked fake, but the biggest buck I ever saw came into it. Didn't dust the buck, but this thing did the job. No need for the DSD, for all the reasons! Thing was laughable! LOL I've tried every decoy on the market since, and they all work. Only thing I prefer is lighter, more compact carrying, and more movement. None of that with the DSD!

View attachment 6602441
lol

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
If you provided the deer you might be able to find a quality life size deer mount for $2000, expect to pay around $3000 from a quality shop.
Sure... for a brand new mount.
I haven't looked, but there's bound to be some old mounts for sale out there.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
Ebay... betcha.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sure... for a brand new mount.
I haven't looked, but there's bound to be some old mounts for sale out there.
I go to a lot of estate sale auctions and mounts are almost given away or thrown away because nobody will bid on them. Most shoulder mounts, if they sell, go for $5-$20. Anything big like an elk or full body mount never sells. No one wants the pain in the neck of transporting it. So just think when you die your family will most likely throw your taxidermy stuff away!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts