Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on doing a hunt that will require using a bike to access remote areas, and I need a day pack that will hold a bow. I would also like this day pack to be convenient for spot and stalk and treestand hunts. Does anyone have any suggestions or guide me in the right direction? I have been looking at the Alps Outdoorz Pursuit and a couple of the Badlands packs. My main areas I am most interested are holding a bow, compartments for treestand hunting, and quite.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
going to need to list a price point for people to start suggesting. Could range from $100+ for Badlands or $400+ for Kuiu etc.

Do you want a frame? Waist Belt?

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Take a look at the horn hunter packs. The g2, g3. Owned a few of the badlands. And owned the alps pursuit for 2 sits sold it in a matter of days.
Quality not even close to the horn hunters. Badlands are pretty good. But i found myself trying search for stuff. Meaning, having to reach way down inside. Pockets for the most part are way to deep.

Horn Hunter fits all your request! Own both g2, g3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I'll post some pics of both later this evening.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Take a look at the horn hunter packs. The g2, g3. Owned a few of the badlands. And owned the alps pursuit for 2 sits sold it in a matter of days.
Quality not even close to the horn hunters. Badlands are pretty good. But i found myself trying search for stuff. Meaning, having to reach way down inside. Pockets for the most part are way to deep.

Horn Hunter fits all your request! Own both g2, g3.

Will the G3 hold a bow securely? I've got a Tenzing TX15 as a gen use daypack, but I'm finding it a bit small, so was looking at adding something larger - the Main Beam was the pack I was looking at, although if the G3 will secure a bow it might be a better fit... I notice in the G3 vid they only show attaching a rifle, which is pretty strait forward. Bows can get tricky :).

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Will the G3 hold a bow securely? I've got a Tenzing TX15 as a gen use daypack, but I'm finding it a bit small, so was looking at adding something larger - the Main Beam was the pack I was looking at, although if the G3 will secure a bow it might be a better fit... I notice in the G3 vid they only show attaching a rifle, which is pretty strait forward. Bows can get tricky :).
It will tote a bow just fine. I break it out for late season. Awesome pack for carrying layers such as my fanatic set.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
A metal pannier on the rear works great for hauling stuff on a bike.. I can easily put a soft bow case and a pack on mine even with stand under them.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
USA made also!! Also pursuit is junk compared to HH!

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,481 Posts
I have the Alps Pathfinder, it has one big opening, and a fanny pack plus folds all down to a fanny pack, has rain fly/game carrier and bow holder 65bucks

turkey hunting, after arrowing turkey, I took down my blind, and my moving blanket, rolled them together, put my jacket and turkey stuff in the pack. pulled out the rain fly, set blind on it, pulled rain fly up over it and carried every thing except the turkey on my back..

I will have to check out the Pursuit, ok, it does not pack down into just a fanny pack. which I don't fold my pathfinder down either

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Here's a few pics of the HH G2. Also has quiver carrying option on side of pack.
1,600 cu, 10 pockets

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
How large does the waist strap go on the g2/g3 packs - I looked on the website but it doesn't list it.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
G3 pack. Awesome late season pack. 2,200 ci, 20 compartments.
Every pocket, compartment is so easy to access. Has hanging hook for ease of getting to stuff.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
How large does the waist strap go on the g2/g3 packs - I looked on the website but it doesn't list it.
It's plenty big. Alot of adjustment

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my Tenzing tz2220 super comfortable even with a heavy load, I’ve used mine for work a couple time so the pack usually weights about 60 to 70lbs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts