Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have up for sale a few packets of DcTalons Small Game Heads.

5 units per bag:mg:.
More detailed images can be found HERE
Tube of a Talon VS Pepsi
$16.50 TYD:eek:.
Limited Stock.
All Questions answered.
Pm or POST.
Payment: PP & Direct Deposit.

Cheers Aaron - DcTalon.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bump...Going to be trying these on Yotes and other small game.

Will be sure to post a full review in the evaluations forum in a couple weeks. I like the fact that you can use a standard FP or BH. We'll find out!

...BUT, I will say Aaron is one heck of a good guy to deal with. Great prices too ($16.50TYD) for Worldwide shipping! That is insane...this price can't last long!

Check out pics on http://dctalons.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=2:stills&Itemid=9

EDIT: Maybe Aaron can post a quick explanation on the differences between each of the 5 DC Talon heads, as I believe each is designed with a specific purpose in mind.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Aron,

Please explain what the inteneded use for each of these is please. Im interested as they look like they could be pretty sweet for ground hog hunting this summer....but I need something that is gonna do some damage cause their tough :zip:.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point.

The term 'push' here refers to the surface area or face of the DcTalon that 'pushes' through a given materiel.

For example: A bullet striking and passing through a paper target. It 'pushes' out a small portion of the target. If you where to measure it it would be slightly bigger than the projectile due to tearing.

Each 'face' is cut down to increase aerodynamic flow.
Take the Osprey for example. It has the most surface area therefore the will deliver the biggest amount of kinetic energy and 'push'.

The Talon has the smallest surface area so less 'push' but will still deliver a lethal portion of kinetic energy and was designed specifically for lighter poundage bows.

The Kestrel is the combination of the maths from the Talon and the Osprey - Minimise surface area while maintaining a large push area.

The Sabre was specifically designed to 'backup' Broadheads to give them a little bit of drag so they didn't disappear into and under bush...

The Raptor was designed to give a grater push area but still allow good penetration for lighter poundage bow.

If you are asking me to scale them thats easy. I shoot a KetraXL @ 65lbs 30' 340 spine. If i want to send one out to say 60 yards id use a Talon (it only weighs 26 grains). If i wanted to give the target the biggest whack I'd use the Osprey or maybe a Kestrel, depending on what was in my quiver at the time.

My best mate Helen's quiver is packed with Talons and Raptors... Helen shoots a 35lb mission.

As far as ground hogs go PAkilla86, you'd want to hit them hard wouldn't you or are you still wanting to achieve 'pass-throughs'?.
I hope that the above information answers your questions if not feel free to PM me so we can put something together for you.

Why not have a look through HERE to give you a idea of the game i have taken with the entire DcTalon group.

Best of Luck.

Aaron.

For more information regarding ballistics Wikipedia has some amazing references

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
694 Posts
To the :thumbs_up

·
Registered
694 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.