Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durham County Wildlife club will be hosting an American 600 round on September 12, 2009. Start time will be 10:00 AM.

If you would like to shoot a half round of Field "before" the A600 round, be ready to hit the range by 08:15-08:30.

Now for the "special treat". If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, bring it with you. :wink:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
That's just not right!!!!

I was really hoping to make it up there but it looks like it will be Oct. before I'll make it. Cooking burgers and dogs for hunters coming through Bob's this Sat and the 26th is our yearly In-Gathering at the church. *sigh* Oh well.

I REALLY want that app too. At least I'll be able to buy it later.:(:cry:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I've got soccer and a b-day party Sat:cry: have fun you guys. looks like we are going to move the FITA round from S+W to Yadkin and from Sunday 9/20 to Saturday 9/19. Any of you going to be able to make it?

Prag, I'kll send you the details in a little bit...

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's just not right!!!!

I was really hoping to make it up there but it looks like it will be Oct. before I'll make it. Cooking burgers and dogs for hunters coming through Bob's this Sat and the 26th is our yearly In-Gathering at the church. *sigh* Oh well.

I REALLY want that app too. At least I'll be able to buy it later.:(:cry:
I just wish I could shoot as good as the marks it generates. :wink: Lots of work has been done recently in refining the "cut marks" when using the inclinometer.

Not sure of when this will be available via iTunes, but it shouldn't be long. :tongue:

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got soccer and a b-day party Sat:cry: have fun you guys. looks like we are going to move the FITA round from S+W to Yadkin and from Sunday 9/20 to Saturday 9/19. Any of you going to be able to make it?

Prag, I'kll send you the details in a little bit...
Well anytime you move a shoot from Sun to Sat is good for me. I'm going to try an make it. Got a new "toy" to try out, but not sure I want to do it at 70/90 meters just yet. :wink:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
That looks like a great ap :thumb:

To bad I won't be using it though....won't be switching to an I-phone anytime soon....actually ever because of At&T and I don't need a new i-pod. But that's a sweet deal there :D

Question though....I never understood the marks AA and it appears this program give....remember I prefer OT2. if I have a 20 click sight. How they heck are you getting to 85 on your scale if it tells you your 25 is 25.85? :noidea:

I get say 25+16 with OT2....just move it to the 25 line and count 16 clicks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's basic math Hornet......if you have 20 clicks per mark each click is 0.05.....divide 0.85 by 0.05 and you get 17 clicks..

To bad I won't be using it though....won't be switching to an I-phone anytime soon....actually ever because of At&T and I don't need a new i-pod. But that's a sweet deal there :D

Question though....I never understood the marks AA and it appears this program give....remember I prefer OT2. if I have a 20 click sight. How they heck are you getting to 85 on your scale if it tells you your 25 is 25.85? :noidea:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

I prefer the OT2 as well and have a 20 click sight, but just so you know, 25.85 would be 25+17. 25.55 would be 25+11, 25.2 would be 25+4 and so on.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I prefer the OT2 as well and have a 20 click sight, but just so you know, 25.85 would be 25+17. 25.55 would be 25+11, 25.2 would be 25+4 and so on.
That might be too much thinking for ol' Hornet...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BH,
Hopefully the others have answered your question, but just so you know, OT2 can also show the marks as XX.XX. The XX.XX format is what I've always used with OT2, AA, and now AM.

It may not be the "correct" way, but to me it seems a lot easier that counting clicks. The difference you'll find between a 20 click and a 10 click is that with a 20 click some of your marks my have a "5" as the last character, IE XX.X5; whereas with a 10 click sight, the last digit will always be a 0.

In your situation where you "count clicks", a 20 click sight can have up to 19 clicks; whereas a 10 clock sight will only have a max of 9 clicks.

Hopefully, with a bit of arm twisting I/we can persuade the developers to port this to the BlackBerry and other possible hand held devices. But you know how those "Apple bigots" are. :wink:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts