Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While receiving some items from “Dead Down Wind”, a leader in scent control, I didn’t expect to see an apparatus that I would wear. When I opened the package I quickly realized it was something that would take the stress of a camera or binoculars from around the neck. The discovery even made me blurt out, “This is cool.” If any of you have walked around with a camera or binoculars in the woods, or anywhere for that matter, for a long period of time, you know this will take a tow on your back.
Not having any events coming up allowing me to wear my camera, I patiently waited for my son’s first baseball game. The game was a double-header, so it meant I would have to have the camera around my neck for anywhere from four to six hours. Before I could use it, however, I had to buy a couple of key rings to put on the camera to allow for the Bino Hooker clips to be attached to it. The day of the games finally came and I suited up for picture taking.
The Bino was easy to figure out and went on very easily. You put it around your neck, clipping two straps on each side together by your rib cage. Then there is a strap that clips to a belt buckle in the middle of your back. Easily done! I attached my camera and was off. There were a few odd looks from parents who didn’t know what it was, but when a couple of them asked I quickly explained it to them. After looking at my phone over I realized over an hour had passed and absolutely no discomfort in my back. By the way my camera and lens weigh a little over 3 lbs. and does tend to get heavy quickly. Not today! I continued taking pictures and time went by and never did I have any discomfort with the camera attached to the Bino. I am very excited to take my camera up north for turkey hunting and doing nature photography without worrying about toting 3 lbs. around with me. Another note is that the rings on the strap allow the camera or binoculars to be moved up and down with ease. Also, another nice feature was that when you need to bend over the camera or binoculars do not fly in front of your face.
Here are some key features of the Bino Hooker: 1. The stabilizing back strap attaches to your belt or belt loop taking pressure off of your neck and shoulders dispersing the weight over a much larger area. 2. The Bino Hooker System utilizes unique reinforced neoprene primary straps that eliminate slipping, increase cushioning, and disperse weight more evenly. 3. The fully adjustable primary neoprene straps include heavy duty nylon webbing and connectors for increased durability and a customizable fit. 4. Built in features include the Call Caddy system that allows users to attach game calls, lens cleaning gear or other field items right to the harness for instant easy access. 5. The unique back strap, cushioned and ergonomic design will accommodate a wider range of binoculars, optics, cameras or other field gear more comfortably with greater stability even when running, riding or on horseback.
So, if you are looking for something to take the weight off your back and neck look no further than the “Bino Hooker” from Dead Down Wind, leaders in scent control and also taking the extra-weight off your back.
Article Written by:Gary Elliott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts