Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went scouting over the weekend on some property I have permission to hunt when I seen about a dozen turkey buzzards on the edge of the field.I walked over where they were at and what do I find a dead buck with its head cut off:mad: .I could freaking spit nails still and its Monday.I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem where they live?I live here in northwestern PA and it just seems out of hand.I am almost sure it was the 8 or 10 point that I had been seeing there.I will still be there the first day but it really sucks that some low life shot that buck under a spotlight.I was in the field the night before and it wast laying there then.Looks like it was shot in the upper neck area.I went to my buddy's house who lives not 300 yards from there and he said he hadn't heard anything.Ohhhh well thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thats why I hate spot lighting. Guys see a big buck and shoot it. It makes me sick.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Poachers are pathetic

OHH the RAGE I would have if I saw someone doing that where I live. No saying what I would do, chances are I would regret it later. However where I live there are enough homes that someone would take notice to any strange activity.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I lived in Ohio for a little over a year and never heard much of it.I dont know if it has anything to do with your spotting laws or not.

·
Registered
483 Posts
We have those "HUNTERS"around here to along with road hunters!Trying to get together with the Game Warden and seeing about setting up a robo deer for them:)

·
Registered
938 Posts
That sucks

I found the same thing on a piece of public land I was hunting last year. I dont know if it was the same guy as before, but I busted someone shooting out of a truck window this past winter while I was coyote hunting at 3:30 am. Legal for me, but him shooting the deer wasnt, I could see the buck and he was a shooter for sure, but not at that hour.

Well low and behold the DNR kept me in the loop and the guy was sentenced to three years in jail and 4100 dollars worth or fines, and lost his truck. I guess it wasnt his first offense either.

Hope it gets better or you catch who is doing it out there.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
unfortunately it is individuals like this that give hunting a bad name. I am from Northeast PA and dont hear to much of this, but i do know it happens. At some point they'll get theirs

·
Registered
945 Posts
Definitely report it. We had a poacher caught in SD because the guy put up a picture of the deer and the warden was suspicious and got DNA from the kill site (gut pile) and matched it with the DNA from the deer and nailed the guy.

I'd have the game warden get a DNA sample from the dead deer (before all the vultures eat it) and then get samples from all the local taxidermy or mounting shops in the area. Get a match and you've busted the scumbag. I think it's definitely worth the $$ to fry these low-lifes.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Did you say that you had pictures of a deer that you think was killed? If you do, then give copies to the game warden so he can give to the taxidermist. The DNA trick from (the X moves) is a great suggestion. People like that should be in jail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts