Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we have found 4 dead deer on our property so far not shure why they died but we are a little conserned.what should we do the deer that we find have been dead for a while so not shure if we should turn then in or not to be studied :confused:

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
EHD is my guess they die duringthe huntign season Buck are hit hard sicne they are weak

TINK

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have only found 1 buck so far hope the cold gets here soon to put this to an end:confused:

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Hey

3dsteve, hey man contact your local game warden as soon as you find another one or if you have found any of the deer in the past day or so.....We have that dang EHD going around here in KY and I'd be willing to bet that's what you guys have too........If you do find anymore get the Warden's to come out and check the deer out, they should be able to help you figure out what the problem is....Just cross your fingers and pray that it aint CWD...That's the bad stuff...EHD is bad enough but god I hope we dont get that CWD started in this part of the country too....The only thing that I can say that might be half way good about EHD is that it doesnt run ramped through a herd like CWD will.....Like 80% or 90% of the deer that get EHD will survive it, CWD will claim alot more victims than that and it spreads like wild fire. EHD is transmitted through gnats to deer....Like Willie said, if you found them near water dead that's a good hint towards it being EHD.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts