Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.........I'm hooked on this stuff.

I'm gonna keep a small bottle in my desk at work and another in my car. This stuff works.

I think I'm becoming addicted to the odd but pleasant taste of it.

I was in the local pro shop yesterday and somehow wound up buying upwards of $50 in Dead Down Wind products.

I hope this stuff works....the shop owner says he can hardly keep it in stock as the early season (South Carolina lowcountry) comes in Aug 15. The local guys say it's too hot to wear scentlock clothing and this is the next best thing...if not better.

I'll find out next week!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tried it last year. Agree with your description...odd, but tolerable. Didn't get busted........you never know!

·
Registered
18,489 Posts
I don't like the taste of the breath spray, but it seems to work. Seems to take away the food breath from anything you eat. Think the Dead Down wind Products are decent and definitely eliminate some of the odors of the human body. IMHO feel they are defintely going to help your chances of going undetetced along with practicing good hygiene and scent contol (showers, scent blocker clothing, etc). Not sure if the scent sprays are better than any of the others thou. The homemade scent spray recipe that has been posted here on AT seemed to work every bit as good as anything I have purchased with regards to scent control sprays.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I really didn't like the taste of it either but I got a bottle because it was free with a $5 purchase. Figured I'd take it elk hunting and see what happens.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Dub said:

I'm gonna keep a small bottle in my desk at work and another in my car. This stuff works.

I got a co-worker whose breath smells like a damned litter box, maybe I could get him some of this stuff? I ain't kidding, I can smell his breath from 10 feet away. :pukey:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I really like the dead down wind products also, I have the mouth spray, never have tried it, they were giving it away at Scheels one day with the purchase of other DDW products......I completely forgot I have it. I'll have to give it a try. As for scent killer spray, go with the Homebrew......great stuff.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Think it will work for alcohol on the breath. I don't want the wife knowin' I 've been out with the guys. She gets upset when she don't get to go.

·
Registered
18,489 Posts
Thats funny! How about when ya get pulled over by the cops. :eek:

bang250 said:
Think it will work for alcohol on the breath. I don't want the wife knowin' I 've been out with the guys. She gets upset when she don't get to go.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Slippy-might be on to something

I don't know what the heck was so bad about my lunch today, but I am telling you my freakin breath has to be stinkin right now. You have those days when you know it. Kinda like garlic breath, you know it. Might see Dead Down Wind Mouth spray in every Gas station soon.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Slippy Field said:
I got a co-worker whose breath smells like a damned litter box, maybe I could get him some of this stuff? I ain't kidding, I can smell his breath from 10 feet away. :pukey:
He has an awful long commute because he works here also!:darkbeer:

3L

·
Registered
309 Posts
hey all
I used the dead down wind products last year intend on using them again this year. The mouth spray does have a funky taste to it kinda reminds me of diet maple syrup. I will warn you guys take a little care in placment of the mouth spray bottle it fell over in my tote last year and leaked out does not seal the best. Had no other problems with any of there other products good luck fellas

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll begin having more faith when I start thumping those wary does at our lease. The nannies gave me a hard time last year.....shots at bucks were much easier. Maybe this stuff will be the ticket.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Dead Down Wind is bullkaka science. I don't think it works at all.
ESP - Give me a break.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
3L_Archer said:
He has an awful long commute because he works here also!:darkbeer:

3L
:) , No dude, this ain't bad breath, the smell is like the bottom of a dumpster or like when something gets clogged up in your garbage disposal and you stick your hand down in there to retrieve it and smell your hand when you bring it back out....my kids' diaper pale at home is nothing compared to this guy, its a wonder he's married let alone ever got layed cause he has two kids. Unless he's part dog and licks his own ass, he has a serious medical condition. He drinks two cups of black coffee in the morning, eats lunch and never has a drink of anything else the entire day after his coffee, not even a sip of water after his lunch. If we could somehow figure out how to bottle his breath, there is no doubt we could use it as a weapon.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Dub said:

I was in the local pro shop yesterday and somehow wound up buying upwards of $50 in Dead Down Wind products.

I hope this stuff works....the shop owner says he can hardly keep it in stock as the early season (South Carolina lowcountry) comes in Aug 15. The local guys say it's too hot to wear scentlock clothing and this is the next best thing...if not better.

I'll find out next week!!!!!!!!
have not used the mouth spray, but all the DDW products I have used work great. Had a doe follow me to the stand ( down wind) and did not even know I was there.

great stuff:darkbeer:

Reed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts