Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, my buddy who lives and hunts around Edinboro texted me these 2 pics. He said he was out walking near a property he hunts and he saw the buck still alive but weak. It walked off into the woods and he followed it. He found a few piles of blood, like the one in the pic and then found the deer dead. He first suspected it had been poached, but found no bullet or arrow holes and the deed appeared to lose all the blood through its nose. Any thoughts on cause?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I think Regohio is correct from the body deterioration and the blood. Its a bad disease that is transmitted easily.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hope he contacted the PGC? I have heard reports of EHD in western Pa, don't know if this is the case but they need to test it.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope he contacted the PGC? I have heard reports of EHD in western Pa, don't know if this is the case but they need to test it.
He called the landowner, who said he was going to contact the PGC.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,132 Posts
My thought is hit by a car as well. I thought the front shoulder is the one that looked boogered up but the rear quarter looks messed up as well.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
My thought is hit by a car as well. I thought the front shoulder is the one that looked boogered up but the rear quarter looks messed up as well.
He said he saw it walking but weak. Wonder what it's gait like? If those hips are busted up from an automobile it would have looked more than just weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Yeah the blood is still bright and there are gobs of it.
Disease usually won't cause such a sudden drain-out.
I also think the pelvis is broken.

Road-kill would be my bet.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hit by a car. Its back hip looks messed up, and its belly is already really distended, probably from all the internal bleeding. TB tends to be a pink frothy sputum. I'd still call the game warden just to be certain though.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
And the deer doesn't look malnourished.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Also broken antler on left side as well. Missing rest of main beam. Hip is broken, and front shoulder is out of place a bit.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,507 Posts
You can tell he's hit by a car, he's all busted up...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts