Archery Talk Forum banner

Deadlock, S.E.T. etc ....

312 2
Why are some top bow manufacturers making it easier to fine tune your bow while others are lagging behind? Is this new technology flawed? Is it
better to shim and twist cables? If nothing else playing with the new tech is fun, looking at Omnia
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
14,791 Posts
They are just ahead of others on development of the technology. It is not flawed. I presently have 3 bows with this technology and have owned bows from almost every known brand and tuned all types of bows.

Have had my Revolt X for a few years. Deadlock works great and never had an issue. Have had an Enkore for about 18 months - great for fine tuning and no issues. Just picked up and set up an Omnia. 2 small adjustments to SET and I was dialed in. PSE added their version of easier tuning this year. I would not go back to a bow with traditional shims. I've shimmed several bows and it's a pain and totally unnecessary now with options that are out there. The Mathews tophat system if not too bad to work with but you do need a press and have to remove axles. And have to make sure you don't overtighten when reinstalling axles or you'll screw up the bearings (never done it myself but many have). You also likely need to buy a $50 tophat kit.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
6,738 Posts
When PSE came out with the adjustable draw with out a press, those bows sold like hot cakes.
For the everyday bowhunter who did not have a press nor bow shop nearby nor wanted to hassle with buying 4 different modules to figure there correct draw length it was a godsend.
Others slowly caught on, and some still make you order a specific length module, even though you do not need a press.

these shim/adjustable thing I do not get though. Never in 50 years of shooting a bow have I had to shim a cam to get arrows to fly straight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts