Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran a thread for info on this bowyer,Todd Scherrinsky this is a custom made bow I purchased used, I love the bow and think I got a great deal for my first td recurve but give me your opinions:

cost me $65= [email protected] 64''

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
You posted: "I love the bow and think I got a great deal for my first td recurve" You don't need anyone's opinion, the only thing any of us can say by looking at the pics is that is looks like a nice bow. You are happy with the bow and you are the one shooting it. Have fun.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
For that price how could you go wrong?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John49 I know that my opinion is the only real one when it comes to my bow but being new to trad shooting you guys would know if this was a somewhat quality built bow or a basement botch job, he has made others but how many ? I'm not looking for the best by any means but don't want to start with a poor bow after all it was very cheap hence my question deal or no deal. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe he is just starting out making bows or just enjoys making them so the price is down. With out ever trying one my self hard to say how they shoot. Does it feel good to you? there are a lot of guys out there that make a pretty good bow working out of a garage. You may find as you get more into shooting the things you like and dont like in a bow. Also try as many different bows as you can, like longbows or the hybrid reflex/deflex longbows to see what you shoot the best. I went through a lot of bows to find out I shot the hybrids best. As you go up in price you may find more attention to detail in a bow or the way they feel at the shot...but not always.
Sounds to me like you got a fine deal for what you paid so get out there and shoot it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'd say you got a great deal. From what I could see in the pictures, there are no cracks in the epoxy (particularly transverse cracks) and no crazing or evidence of delamination. Given that you've already stated that you love the bow, I'd guess that it fits you ok. So, all in all I'd say you really struck gold on this one. Just make sure that you use good quality arrows..... and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is the fuglyest limb bolt setup I have ever seen. To get those things flush the bowyer had to countersink them into the limb. That was a lot of material removed, but hey if it shoots, run with it. I'd have bought it for $50.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I`ll take one

is the price really 65 dollars if so e-mail me this guys phone # I want one just to try out, and I`m serious e-mail for sure,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
used

I bought this bow used for $65, not from the builder but someone he made it custom for, I found it at a bowshoot I should have asked more questions about it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts