Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit that these Elite Bows are getting my attention and although I have never seen one in person I would like to lay my hands on one. I manage a shop here and am new to the business aspect of the archery world. I guess what I want to know is what are the risks of getting involved in company that is new and involved in so much controversy and is slow in production. What are the chances they fold tomorrow or the next day and what happens to me and the stock I have on hand if this does happen. How can I make an accurate decision to stock these bows without getting the short end of the stick in the near future. PLEASE NO BASHING!!! I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME HELP OR A LITTLE EDUCATION ON THIS TOPIC.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
No offense but I would WAIT! Wait until they come out and start producing bows that can keep with demand. Customers will quickly get disgusted with 4+ week wait times.

The local Elite shop has 0 in stock and hasn't had any in months. With the buzz surrouding their 07 bows I would not pick them up as the "primary" bow of your store, I also wouldn't even consider Bowtech and Elite as a combo :)

I doubt they will go under (but I can't be sure, noone really can) but I think "long delays" can be expected.

·
Registered
971 Posts
A friend of mine runs an archery shop here in Australia and mentioned to me that he has had only one small warranty claim since he started selling them and he sells a lot of elite bows to hunters and unmarked distance shooters. I am a Field shooter so I don’t shoot them so have no vested interest in Elite.
As to what if they fall over as a company, well that can happen to any brand look at Enron:wink:
Cheers
Peter

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have a few pretty good base brands I was just thinking of adding one. We currently carry Hoyt, Martin, PSE, Parker, Diamond and we just started carrying Ross. I think we might let the Diamond line go as the Bowtech dealer here sells them also. I think those speeds will sell themselves for Elite. But the long wait times and the shooting characteristics, which are unknown to me, make me nervous. I would like to hear from more people on warranty claims (thanks Aussie for that input) regarding Elite and their turn around on repair work.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
My .02 cents worth would be availability of the bows and parts...including warranty! Remember, if the end user / consumer is PO'd at Elite, you have to remember you are in the chain of blame! I see no reason to be bad mouthed because of another companies incapability to deliver! My opinion only!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
mtmedic said:
I will admit that these Elite Bows are getting my attention and although I have never seen one in person I would like to lay my hands on one. I manage a shop here and am new to the business aspect of the archery world. I guess what I want to know is what are the risks of getting involved in company that is new and involved in so much controversy and is slow in production. What are the chances they fold tomorrow or the next day and what happens to me and the stock I have on hand if this does happen. How can I make an accurate decision to stock these bows without getting the short end of the stick in the near future. PLEASE NO BASHING!!! I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME HELP OR A LITTLE EDUCATION ON THIS TOPIC.
well do the basic business test.....if you were considering signing on say....MARTIN, MATHEWS, hoyt, BOWTECH or any other company....would you have this same fear??????

there must be a reason you even ask this question......go with your first instinct.....and you most likely wont lose a dime....or any sleep later on down the road....

best of luck and hope you have a long and prosporous business experience...

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onebowtie said:
well do the basic business test.....if you were considering signing on say....MARTIN, MATHEWS, hoyt, BOWTECH or any other company....would you have this same fear??????

there must be a reason you even ask this question......go with your first instinct.....and you most likely wont lose a dime....or any sleep later on down the road....

best of luck and hope you have a long and prosporous business experience...
One point for OBT...

That is a very valid point.

·
Registered
46,224 Posts
OB, makes a valid point, however...somebody sometime had to take a chance on the Hoyt's the Mathew's, Bowtech, Martin, line of bows....or they would not be where they are today.

Let's look at Bowtech.....When they first came on the scene its was controversial.....you had two men who had come from a bow company Oregon that went out and left a bad taste in some people's mouth...

But people looked past that saw some potential in the bow and the company and took a chance.....Business is about 80% taking a chance right? So ask yourself do I feel comfortable taking a chance on this bow company? Talk to Elite directly, ahve question you need answered answered by them....it is your money, your time and your gut feeling that will help you make the decision.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I just found out that Elite will NOT be manufacturing any left handed bows for 2007... so if you really wanna piss off your lefty customers carry a full stock of Elite and tell them they can't shoot them. I know that does it for me everytime.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUCKSTER said:
OB, makes a valid point, however...somebody sometime had to take a chance on the Hoyt's the Mathew's, Bowtech, Martin, line of bows....or they would not be where they are today.

Let's look at Bowtech.....When they first came on the scene its was controversial.....you had two men who had come from a bow company Oregon that went out and left a bad taste in some people's mouth...

But people looked past that saw some potential in the bow and the company and took a chance.....Business is about 80% taking a chance right? So ask yourself do I feel comfortable taking a chance on this bow company? Talk to Elite directly, ahve question you need answered answered by them....it is your money, your time and your gut feeling that will help you make the decision.
Buckster... Thanks for taking us to the other side of the fence here. I fully intend to talk to Elite and discuss some of my concerns with them and see what they have to say. I think it is kind of ugly right now but there is a glimmer of hope as this could take off like Bowtech did. I am just looking for some insight from the other businesses that have taken the plunge with a new company like this. The Bowtech dealer here took that same risk several years ago as a retirement hobby. Now it is a full time job with a 40 yard indoor range. As with any good product they just keep walking out the door. In the back of my mind I think Elite could get to this point also.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Don't take a chance or take a chance are both valid bus. decisions.
My advise would be to take the chance.You could be in on the crest of a wave,but it is a matter of degree.Don't go up to your neck just get your feet wet.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Go For It

Everyone here wants to solve inigmas with a committee.
Go for it, No Guts No Glory....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts