Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is "Deer Cain" any good. I was thinking about putting some out and was wondering if any of you have used it. Also, is it considered baiting i you hunt near it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
24 I used the pour on the first year after a freind told me about it because the were out of the powder. I did not get sign of deer being around it. I then went to the powder it was about 8 to 10 inches deep in 2004. This past year 2005 it was about a foot or more deep. I have not been to the site yet. I did have a picture of my hunting buddys site with him standing in the hole it was about two feet wide and it was up to his knee last year. I took a doe and my daughter took a five point over the powder. Buddy took a nine point with his head in the stuff. It works but get the powder not the block or the pour on. last week I bought two a wal-mart for about 6.00 bucks each. . I will get a picture and post it just as soon as my wife finds the cord to her Digital Camera. P.S. one could see the tree roots deer were even eating on them.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes Hobbie, it is illegal to hunt over or near in Mississippi.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,354 Posts
I tried it here in Maryland and the deer basically ignored it. They prefer just plain old simple corn. They didn't think much of Cmere deer either.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
cane

Had real good success with it on some land they destroyed the ground in 2 weeks and on other land they ignored it ... Not sure what to think about the product ..:confused:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have uaed it in front of trail camera's with great luck. They dug ho;e slike previously posted. However here in SD it is not legal to hunt over it so I hunt in different areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts