Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Scorpyd DS 130# Handles like a dream & it's totally lights out ! I handled alot of bows in early 2017 at large Sporting goods stores & dealerships . I didn't care for any of them , mostly way too heavy & too unbalanced for my style of hunting which is off-hand shooting at 18-21' up from my existing hang on stands . I read the Forums on this site & ordered my DS couldn't be more satisfied . Shooting 20" Tapps from Jerry . Last Deer i harvested was on 12/19/2017 off-hand at 20 yds. That was with a Rage XBow Hypo 100 Gr. Deer was broadside with a 3' sapling covering heart-lung area so i took the shoulder Scapula area the Deer hit the ground at 20 feet & managed another 20' Photos in the snow of massage hemorrhage are too Graphic to display. I settled on a Leupold 1.5x5 power scope with a Duplex configuration . We hunt in heavy cover & i refuse to take a shot at much over 35 yards . It's spot on at 10,20,30 yards 4" in. low at 40. This is my evaluation of a xbow that totally satisfies me . The bow is light enough for my long walks to my stands & recoil is non-existant , trigger is amazing . You can see the hits through the scope . Just my 2 cents thanx for reading .

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Don't worry about the gory blood trail picture. It won't offend us.. :)

I agree the DS is an awesome machine. I buy and sell bows like crazy but never even considered selling my DS. It's that good!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The DS makes my short list of bows that I might buy in 2018, can't wait to see if it gets changed for this year. Your review is great and congrats on the deer.
Shooting well off hand is the number one thing that I look for in a crossbow. I can't even remember the last time I shot a deer when I wasn't shooting off hand. My range limit for shooting a deer is the maximum range that I would off hand comfortably shoot a broadhead into my 18-1 Rhino target backstopped by a rock wall... usually 45ish yards standing. I regularly shoot my MXB400 100yds off a support but that changes a lot when you shoot from your hind legs.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I guess my DS is an anomaly....mine I from the first group shipped and it shoots lights out w/o all the updates. Now the rail on it is a pain in the ass for me with XBR scopes but if you are shooting a Hawke Xbow scope its magic or a Tactzone too works very nicely. Vortex Reddot works great too if you don't need magnification. I hope they can bring out a 150-160 with the same weight in the hand. And yes the DS is one of the best naturally shooting bows made to fire freehand.

·
Bringer of truth
14,825 Posts
great to hear. I cancelled mine a long ways back when i found out it was rail less....or (semi railess to keep everyone happy) maybe I need to rethink this bow again.
I almost hit the add to cart icon 4 times now on a Ravin and am glad i kept waffling on the one too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts