Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 420 from Wyvern, are they tuned pretty well from the factory? Should I take measurements before I shoot it to get tuning numbers or does somebody want to share the 420 tuning #’s

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You always want to take measurements of any new bow before you start doing anything to it. Also having the specs for the bow from the factory is a good thing to have too. So you can compare it to the default.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Here is how you tune a Scorpyd: Scorpyd tuning However, just as with vertical bows, swapping out the factory strings for aftermarket as soon as you get a new crossbow is never a bad idea. See:
I have success with Breathn (on here) making the string and cables for my Scorpyd(s). My ad hoc crossbow press aka gradual release ratchet strap: https://www.amazon.com/Ancra-49970-112-Gradual-Release-Ratcheting/dp/B003172G6K presses my Velocity quite well - Caveat - Do not try this if you are not fully comfortable with the technique and also do not have access to a crossbow-specific manufactured press. Here is the video from the above link:
The author, Burky, is an excellent resource for anything Scorpyd and will answer your pm's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts