Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super user
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any input on which arrow you would choose between the Gold Tip Black Label, or Victory VF TKO? Want to hear the good and bad on both.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
Gold tip XT will do about anything you want, tough arrow nice tolorances less money.

·
Super user
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gold tip XT will do about anything you want, tough arrow nice tolorances less money.
I will pass on other Gold Tips. Far too many issues with them. These are the two it’s going to be for me. You get what you pay for in arrows.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
I prefer the Victory VF because I like the components much better. The shafts themselves are very close to the same.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I will pass on other Gold Tips. Far too many issues with them. These are the two it’s going to be for me. You get what you pay for in arrows.
I have been using the GT Kinetic Kaos arrows for a few years with 0 issues. What are the "far too many issues" that you have experienced?

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
I used the GT when made in the USA twenty years ago. Even the basic arrow was ok.... If you cut from both ends, squared both ends, then nock tuned. So get bare shafts and do your own work. I have no experience with the newer arrows. I've been using CX made overseas, for thirteen years or so. Hunter Maxima and the (Kevlar) version that has been discontinued.

Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I prefer the Victory VF because I like the components much better. The shafts themselves are very close to the same.
This is true ^^^

I just think Victory sorts their arrows to better tolerances especially when it comes to weight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super user
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Laughable....^^^^
It sounds funny, but it’s true. I have had Hunter, Hunter Pro, and 3D Pro, and have had batches come in where as many as four of the shafts were bent. My hope is that Black Labels would be better. Otherwise, the Victory arrows are the clear choice. I have never owned Victory arrows before.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It sounds funny, but it’s true. I have had Hunter, Hunter Pro, and 3D Pro, and have had batches come in where as many as four of the shafts were bent. My hope is that Black Labels would be better. Otherwise, the Victory arrows are the clear choice. I have never owned Victory arrows before.

I had the same issue with GT's. Could only get 8 or 9 shafts out of a dozen to group. This was years ago, but forced me to switch. I now shoot Victory VF TKO's for hunting and 3DHV's for 3D. So far both have performed great. Won't be changing arrows anytime soon.

·
Super user
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I were to purchase arrows tomorrow, it would be the VF TKO. Probably the .003, since I don’t see a real reason to opt for the .001 tolorance shafts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts