Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't used or heard anything about the Decut tungsten points, but you can find X10 tungsten points in the FITA classifieds every now and then for a similar price. There are also a few facebook groups worth checking.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't used or heard anything about the Decut tungsten points, but you can find X10 tungsten points in the FITA classifieds every now and then for a similar price. There are also a few facebook groups worth checking.
interesting, what facebook groups are you referring to?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tophat has some tungsten points on sale on Lancaster. The gold point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know if the gold tip tungsten is any different than the regular?

Otherwise that's a darn good price!

Tony

·
12 stepper for gear...
3,834 Posts
Bottom of the description on the goldtip points...

• Fits Easton X10 and X10 ProTour shafts
• Designed for target competition with an elongated bullet shaped point
• The sharp tip ensures a straight entry into the target to prevent glance-outs
• Machined from tungsten to the highest standards
• The tip is coated with a gold colored, specially formulated tool coating for enhanced abrasion resistance and a distinguished, classy look
• The available heavy version will provide the shooter with more tuning options and an excellent downrange accuracy
• Weight adjustable with two break-off sections
• A high precision product, made in Germany
• 6 – points per pack

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have used DeCut products in the past but never the points.

Their fletching jigs are great for the price.
their scopes are okay, same with their sights.

In the case of the points I would be wary. I would go to Easton or Top Hat if you wanted points for X10's. You are buying the most expensive shaft made. If you can't afford the tungsten, get the Stainless.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used DeCut products in the past but never the points.

Their fletching jigs are great for the price.
their scopes are okay, same with their sights.

In the case of the points I would be wary. I would go to Easton or Top Hat if you wanted points for X10's. You are buying the most expensive shaft made. If you can't afford the tungsten, get the Stainless.
Thank you for your input and advice, why would you be wary?

·
Registered
235 Posts
As said - the fletching jig is good, some other products are OK , and some are inferior.
If i buy the most expensive shaft available, i wouldn't save for the points.
Normally you can't make many mistakes on machining points IF you know what to do and have the right equipment.
But i examined some time ago a Decut plunger button. And if this thing is out of the same machine as the points - forget it.

But everyone should ask himself before if there a need for x10 with tungsten points? Did you reach the limit of other setups like ACE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts