Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hard time getting a deep grip on Carter releases. I like getting eth release into my first knuckle.
I have tried the HT2000 and the hole makes this impossible. I shot some indoor with the 3D Big Kid with a 149 first half and 142 second (Vegas)
Thanks to the pressure the release was putting on the middle finger knuckle I found it painful to shoot the whole round the way I wanted and started dropping points.
I don't have big hands, so this must be an issue for others. Is the Insatiable better for this kind of shooting or will I have the same problems? I had the problem on the Solution 3 I tried the other day too.

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you must have little knuckles then CG, I hit mine on that enclosed section. :(

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
HOw deep are you trying to grip the release. I shoot an HT2000 with a deep grip and I have no issues at all. I have large hands and the hole has never given me any issues.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i shoot a hole thing pinky style. it goes on my finger till the second knuckle is tight to the hole and that seems to work just fine. i think if i could get it deeper into my hand it would not allow a nice straight hand to wrist to forearm alignment and not allow my forearm to relax for the shot. as i said i shoot it pinky style, which works better for me because of an injury to my trigger finger that left it stiff at the middle knuckle. i can't really wrap my trigger finger around the release to help hold and draw so i use my thumb,pressed into the locked out thumb trigger. with that, any regular thumb trigger type release won't work for me. i can see how you might want to get deeper when using it thumb style, it's kind of a big release. it can be sprung heavier, same as any other thumb style carter. i resprung my pinky lever my self and it did make it allot better. that might be what you need to do with the thumb lever.

i did try an insatiable, but found it too big for my hand as well as the problem with my finger. i didn't like how much it spread knuckles, either. maybe you should try one of the "target" series releases, they are allot smaller and thinner

·
Occam's Razor
8,336 Posts
I grip deep on my insatiable, the original..........no problems, I've seen your picture shooting Marcus and I shoot the same.......

<----------------<<<< "CK" >>>>---------------->

·
Registered
599 Posts
i like the feel of going to my main nuckle and i cant get that with a solution 3 without it being uncomfortable.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
The Fits Me and HT2000 made contact for me on my in finger. The Insatiable II and Insatiable work perfectly. I think the Insatiable is the ticket for you. Give that one a try.

ox

Attachments

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is how deep I grip it

Thanks for the info, looking at the design of the Insat it seems to have more room for the middle finger. May just have picked one up second hand, lets hope it's the ticket. Thanks guys.

·
Keeping it Simple... ;)
1,921 Posts
It really depends on whether you like a swept back handle or a straight one. If you like the swept back version go with the Insatiable, the straight, Target 4. Hope this helps.

D

·
0 Posts
OXYCLEAN...

...you got a picture of that release that FORREST "thru the trees" speaks of???:) ...I'd like to see one of that too!!...

...does CARTER have a web site??...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Marcus said:
I have a hard time getting a deep grip on Carter releases. I like getting eth release into my first knuckle.
I know that James Park likes a deep grip, but Ms Choi did not seem to have one---instead, looking at her film, the release device is held between last and second-to-last joint on the fingers. (This is visible on the picture that you posted.)

If you agree that she indeed is holding her release like that, why not copy her?

kgk

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tried it, don't like it. Much prefer the deeper grip, especially in the wind.
Just looking now and only her index finger is not as deep, the middle finger is deeper than that, you can see her knuckle quite clearly, thus I think she would run into the same problem I do if her hands are my size.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Carter Target 4 does not spread the fingers, in particular the index & middle ones like the Insatiable & the now discontinued "Same old Thing" used to.
I don't have large hands & find the Carter Target 4 superb. Well worth a try. Allows a great anchor. Is actually swept back a little, but not like theInsatiable, which I find extreme.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts