Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I setup a ground blind on the edge of a power line clearing (and its behind me )but I have pines to my right that have recently been thinned ,and a thicket to my left whit a creek running through it. Also I have a corn pile setup on a firebreak that was made about 1 year ago, and I have a camera over it ,and in 2 weeks I had a button buck, with a group of 4 does, and a 6 point all by hisself but they all come out at night. How can I possibly get them out in the day time? I have had 2 yearling does in the later part of the morning, but I haven't checked it this week . It is a relatively new site I set it up literally 4 days after Black Friday. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
right now about 90% of all my deer are moving at night its a late season thing I guess I have corn salt and rice brain in an area that my cam is on and i have the same seer every night same times early season they tend to move in the day better for me wish i could find a way to make em come out in daylight right now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will probably check it either Friday or Saturday so I will know better then what has been coming in. But my friends started hunting on their place which neighbors mine , and I believe it changed their habits , because I had the idea to set the blind up because they used to walk through the pines and across the power lines and I hunted over the power lines , and because of him putting corn out and they started bedding on their side. Go figure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the camera and I have a 9 or 10 pointer and two 6 points. And a button buck but they are all 1 hour after light. Should I wait it out and let them get comfortable around there and start coming out in the day time, or get aggressive and set up on the trail and hope they come by?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts