Archery Talk Forum banner

Deer attractant help

1447 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  X-Shooter-GB
Hi all, I am going hunting near Austin, Texas for whitetails and was wondering what deer attractant you would recommend besides just plain corn. I have seen cmere deer on tv and was wondering what your thoughts would be on that or is there something else that is better. Thanks for the help, GB
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Deer attractant

I am the eastern part of Texas and you would be just fine using corn, especially around the area you are going. You can throw all kinds of stuff at them that would be hit or miss. Corn works. It is like giving kids candy.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Try Rut'n Apples. Great stuff!

· Registered
1,624 Posts
Are you hunting over an established feeder or are you putting out bait in a new area? If it's a feeder I wouldn't do a thing. If you approach the area where you expect to shoot deer to put out more bait, your just spreading human scent around. The deer will either show up or not, additional bait probably won't benefit you. However, if your baiting a new area, additional bait would be to your benefit, especially if it has a smell.

Good luck! I went out opening day in east texas and saw a few deer but no shots. I did manage to shoot a hog though! The Texas hill country is loaded with deer, you'll have a blast!

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I had no luck with come're deer. Just my experience.

Hope this doesn't turn into a baiting thread!...Watch out...:darkbeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.