Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could lead me to a whitetail deer attractant, that will bring them to my acerage without the use of bait. I am in Nortern Michigan and have maples,iron wood and popals, very mature trees.
I tried a food plot but it did not go well, there is not enough sun getting through the tree canopy. In my area you cannot hunt over bait either.
Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Do a search on C'mere Deer.

Good luck, it works great in some areas. I can fill up a game cam with an application and it should be legal everywhere. After all everybody can use a spray bottle as far as I know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If I were you I'd whack some trees down and let some sunlight in and try a small plot for the fall. Trust me it'll only help. The downed trees will let more sunlight in and provide some great bedding sights.

If you have any open areas next year I'd plant some corn and let it stand all year. I also use a mineral supplement called Lucky Buck. Its working now but will fade by the season.

What you want to do is offer the deer something that is unique to the area and beneficial.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
You got to pick up a copy of "Grow 'Em Right" by Neil and Craig Doughertry! This is THE ultimate reference for atttracting deer to your property. From habitiat management such as timber control and selective cutting to the latest insights on foodplots and what it takes to make them grow anywhere.... this is THE book. Along with lots of illustrations of the best "hunting plots" and how tyo lay them out in your woods, it's just an awesome wealth of info and I feel it's a must have. They also offer a new DVD called "Plant 'Em Right". Check 'em out at this link. It might end up as the best $20 you've ever spent.

http://northcountrywhitetails.com/n...rtat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=9&--SECTIONSword=ww

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Anytime you want to bring in deer cut something down. Deer love and seek fresh growth. Once my brother was hunting a huge 10 point but couldn't get him to come out of the brush. I drove the tractor over to his house and cut a small area of tall weeds down on the small pipeline he was hunting. It only takes a few days in most cases and sure enough here comes big boy right in the freshly cut area.

Also for guys that want to get deer to your side of the fence, fertilize your oak trees right now and your browse (honeysuckle etc.). Deer will look for the highest nutrient browse available and they have a sense for it. Nobody will ever know you did it and when those acorns fall the deer will be under that tree. These tactics don't cost much money in most cases just a little time and should be legal in any state.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Go with this

I wold go with Deer CoCain because my grandma owns a small set of woods and ust loves deer so she uses deer cocaine and deer love it I trye talking her into letting me hunt it but no luck with that oe....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Durocab I like the fertilizing the oak tree idea. What do you use?

I also think by spreading pelletized lime even in grassy or weedy areas will sweeten the pot. Because most forest soil are very acidic and the forage is more bitter. the closer you bring your soil to neutral the sweeter the forage is.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cocaine works

MathewsMan8533 said:
I wold go with Deer CoCain because my grandma owns a small set of woods and ust loves deer so she uses deer cocaine and deer love it I trye talking her into letting me hunt it but no luck with that oe....
My dad still uses that stuff. He has a hole in the ground under his stand that resembles an elk wallow. They go crazy over that stuff. I am taking durocabs advice and trying some c'mere deer this year. good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.