Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, started planting some open spots in the woods on Wednesday and finished off topping the seed with horse manure around 2:30pm. My son got home from school at 4 and we went back out so he could see what work I did. My fresh four wheeler tracks were covered with deer tracks. Seems very odd to see that in the middle of the day around here.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
A horse will eat about the same thing as a deer will...I know the deer love the rabbit pellets that i get from the local feed store to put in my feeders.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
turkeys will pick through our pasture but not deer. i would say it is a safe bet they came to invistigate the fresh soil smell.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
:teeth:Just to be sure, maybe you should cover yourself in horse manure when you go hunting.:wink:..tell us how it works....:tongue:

I know it works great on chapped lips......

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, one gelding, an older mare and a young filly. Maybe she was the key? Come to think of it, funny thing is I wore my barn boots out hunting one day last season as my normal ones were still wet. I got my biggest buck that day and I had never seen him before. (200+ dressed) :zip:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Not sure, but hunters seem to be attracted to bull****.:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.