Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, started planting some open spots in the woods on Wednesday and finished off topping the seed with horse manure around 2:30pm. My son got home from school at 4 and we went back out so he could see what work I did. My fresh four wheeler tracks were covered with deer tracks. Seems very odd to see that in the middle of the day around here.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Ok horse manure has Oats in it. And the deer might like that. If it is that let me know ill move my horse pen to my deerstand and ride my horse to stand in the morning.
matt

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
A horse will eat about the same thing as a deer will...I know the deer love the rabbit pellets that i get from the local feed store to put in my feeders.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Anytime you turn up new dirt, deer will investigate it.. Was your horse a mare?:wink:

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
turkeys will pick through our pasture but not deer. i would say it is a safe bet they came to invistigate the fresh soil smell.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
Well if they are attracted to horse manure they should be all over this site at times:)J/KI'll bet it was the smell of fresh earth.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
New and different smell.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Hmmmmm , this explains why my dogs eat rabbit pellets, but not the ones from the bag. :wink:

Crazy Wolf.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
:teeth:Just to be sure, maybe you should cover yourself in horse manure when you go hunting.:wink:..tell us how it works....:tongue:

I know it works great on chapped lips......

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, one gelding, an older mare and a young filly. Maybe she was the key? Come to think of it, funny thing is I wore my barn boots out hunting one day last season as my normal ones were still wet. I got my biggest buck that day and I had never seen him before. (200+ dressed) :zip:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Not sure, but hunters seem to be attracted to bull****.:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts