Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to hang a new stand yesterday, and in the snow could see where many of the deer on our property were bedding during the past storm.(more then 10 beds and we only have 6 acres) Well with the snow and bad weather we are expecting this weekend would it be safe to assume that the deer will be bedding up in the same area again? I planned on getting in there a little before the snow starts, and just waiting them out. The property is a few fields and this is is a dense woodlot right above the fields. Any ideas will help, thanks. Im just looking to fill the freezer, dont care if there are no bucks either.

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Well..... they will likely move right before the front moves in and once the front moves in they willl likely hold up in some dense cover. I would probably hunt the food source and try to sit where they will move out onto it. Play the wind. Hunting bedding areas is always tricky because youmight jump the deer going in.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If your hunting area is 6 acres you risk making the deer leave your property. Make that area safe for them and hunt between the beds and food. Start closer to food if they do not arrive before shooting light move closer to beds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts