Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been thinking about getting a good camera for scouting purposes. What models are you folks using and which do you like and not like, Film or Digital.

Thank you in advance

Chris

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
dark arrow....i have one that i bought at wal mart last year....it takes good pictures... a35mm....but you have to change the batteries once a week......2-AA and 1-9volt. I don't think the digital uses batteries that fast but if someone decides to steal it you have lost a bigger investment!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am a dealer for Non-Typical DeerCams.. I can sell the new (35mm film) DC-100 and DC-200 models for $225.00 plus shipping.. they are brand new units and come compete with the factory warranty... let me know if I can help anyone out..

Mark

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
TexHunter,

Thanks for the link. I liked it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm looking at getting one also.
Our sportshop is selling a new model Stealth Cam MC2-G for $75.
I need mine for bear hunting in a area that 2 years ago someone stole my new API Mag.
So I don't really want to put out a $200-$300 camera and take a chance of a bear ripping it apart or someone ripping it off.

But if I had the cash and was on my own land or private land I'd sure like that digital one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a Non-typical deer cam. It is a very good camera that is reliable. I haven't had any problems with it. I have had it almost a year now. The guy in the previous post seems to have a very good price on them. I have last years model. I think the new models are even better.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought the Stealth MC2-G, haven't liked it. At first I wasn't getting many pictures. I would walk down to check it and deer or turkey would be within 6 ft of it, it would be on the same number as last time I checked. Then it stoped loading film, exchanged that one, and now this one will not rewind the film. Going to try to take this one back. Had a hard time taking the other one back, can't wait to see what I have to go through this go around.

·
Registered
172 Posts
mobowhunter

I think I'm still going to get one and cross my finger's and hope your first 2 were the lemon's:D .

The local sport's shop I buy from is top-notch, I'm sure he will take care of it if it doesn't work right.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just got off the phone with Bass Pro. They are going to give me instore credit and I am going to purchase one of the higher end models. They also told me that they have had about 20 come back in, all with similiar problems. If your in the Springfield, MO area, the Bass Pro Catalog outlet has 6 over there for $40.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You wont go wrong with the Non-Typical DeerCam.... takes great pictures out to 30 yards! and batteries last up to 3 months!! not only weeks like others..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Stealth Cam

The stealth cam unit I bought caused me problems by taking pictures every 12 hours whether a deer was in it's field of view or not. I returned it to the stealth cam but not to the store I bought it from and they replaced it but the 2nd one they sent me does the same thing. They said they would send me another one. I'll be shipping the 2nd one back next week.
I hope you have better luck than I did with Stealth Cam.
Lane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts