Archery Talk Forum banner

Deer cart question?

365 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  60X
My father is looking to purchase a deer cart made of light weight aluminum. If any of you guys have any recommendation please post them. Thanks as always
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16,024 Posts
There is one model that folds flat and can be back packed into the spot. I would take a serious look at it. I've been using a cart for several years now and if I had it to do over again I would have spent the extra for the light weight folding model. Just seems to be a pain to pull it to the kill site and then have to pull it out again.

· Registered
401 Posts
There is one model that folds flat and can be back packed into the spot. I would take a serious look at it. I've been using a cart for several years now and if I had it to do over again I would have spent the extra for the light weight folding model. Just seems to be a pain to pull it to the kill site and then have to pull it out again.
Ameristep Backpack Gamecart. Bought one last season and wish I bought it years ago! I have a bulging disk in my back and hunt mostly in hill country so dragging a deer takes a huge toll on my back for days and sometimes weeks depending on how hard the drag is. This thing is a Godsend! It packs very nicely and is very easy to set up. You can even shoot with it on your back if your bloodtrailing a deer and not sure if it's down or not. I would recommend it to anyone. I'd say it's about 80% easier to pull a deer our with this compared to dragging, maybe more. Never had an issue with it and never had it tip over. It's a little pricey but well worth the money. If it broke tomorrow it would take me all of two seconds to order another one.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...arentType=index&parentId=cat601052&id=0028504

· World & National Champion
34,042 Posts
Ameristep non typical. If folds flat and it pretty light. Works out well for it's size. What ever you get make sure the cart is down inside the wheels. If you get one that is over top of the wheels it will want to tip like crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.