Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
once they know its there, they keep going back..My dads gun swamp spot was underwater last week with all the rain we had, and the corn is gone now..and no it didnt wash away.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
once they know its there, they keep going back..My dads gun swamp spot was underwater last week with all the rain we had, and the corn is gone now..and no it didnt wash away.
muskrats

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Nothing unusual. Deer eat certain aquatic and submerged foods. When green vegetation is in the ponds, deer will dip their heads under water and eat certain water plants.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Nothing unusual. Deer eat certain aquatic and submerged foods. When green vegetation is in the ponds, deer will dip their heads under water and eat certain water plants.
Always learning things...
Sounds like they learned that trick from cousin Moosey-Moosey.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Bobbing for Corn lol .. I guess they do what ever they have too for some chow.Randy

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,369 Posts
I've seen deer do this many times up north here in beaver ponds. Just like a moose. Head goes under and comes up with a clump of vegitation.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
Your honor, I wasn't baiting ducks which is a federal offense, I was feeding raccoons............. we just had a lot of rain.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i have watched deer ignore up perfectly good acorns on the ground to swim after and eat the ones floating on top of the water.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
Name of the game is survival and that is one thing with the whitetail, they will do some amazing things. Until trail cameras, guess we didn't realize how smart they are! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts