Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently grown some good pears in my yard and since bought some pear tree's to put up at the hunting land they are sweet and would seem likely to be a good treat for deer i was just wondering if any one has hunted near them or had success or bad times trying to pant and grow them in a northern climate
my trees are right nest to the house so i am sure the dont experiance minnesota at its worst
we have recently started planting apple trees and i have heard from others around the farming community of others planting apple trees for the deer so i was thinking pears might be a special special treat ??
what do you all think ??
Randy

·
Registered
187 Posts
I havent hunted near them but we used to live near an orchard and Ive seen them stand on there hind legs to get them yes they like them very much there were deer there nearley everynight

·
Registered
460 Posts
Where I grew up hunting if you could find a pear tree the deer would let the apples rot if there were still pears around.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I hunted over a spot tonight with apples and pears. deer checked the pear trees before the apples. Unfortunately there were any pears, cuz I watched a ground hog eat 10-15 of them in about a hour before the deer showed up. He is getting it next time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts