Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. How much do you guys usually pay to get your deer processed at a deer processor? i know that i could do it myself but i just dont have the time anymore. thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
When I process for people I charge them $60 cut and wrapped all deboned and hand cut. I double wrap and when they open it up there is nothing but a beautiful piece of meat in each pack. I do not do burger, I just give the customer the bulk meat in freezer bags for sausage and such.

·
Bowhunter
5,202 Posts
The butchers closest to me charges $100 or a little more. He's 45 minutes away, so to my mind there isn't much of a point in taking one to him (2 round trips - drop off and pick up, time, gas - not worth it).

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
hey muskie man, my kentucky brotha from anotha motha, I posted on the other site in this thread.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
muskie_man said:
Hi. How much do you guys usually pay to get your deer processed at a deer processor? i know that i could do it myself but i just dont have the time anymore. thanks!
I usually do it myself. It feels awkward having someone else do it, however there have been times where having another do it was more than convenient. The going bare-bone rate around here, with no "special" bolognas, sausages made, etc., -- just cuts -- is about $35 - $40.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
$60-$70 usualy and that even gets me some extras like sausage and jerky:wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
uphunter15 said:
When I process for people I charge them $60 cut and wrapped all deboned and hand cut. I double wrap and when they open it up there is nothing but a beautiful piece of meat in each pack. I do not do burger, I just give the customer the bulk meat in freezer bags for sausage and such.
I do the same except i do the burger and i charge $70. I think most of the places around here are charging 85 this year.........

·
Registered
907 Posts
Check out this site...

processing video with Tim Farmer from Kentucky. They take you step by step from field dressing to freezer including boning out the meat while its hanging. Super easy! Only $12.00!

After watching the show this afternoon, I ordered one!

Hope this helps!
Jim

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i have always cut up my own deer,to me thats all part of the hunt..but just having knee surgery in august,i may have to get someone to do it this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts