Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
i need help !!! i took a friend hunting last year and he killed a good buck on my property now he thinks it is his personal playgruond for huntin . well he went around my back and got permission to hunt property right beside mine .but he is a meat hunter he wont pass any thing and we have been managing this place for 6 years . now i need to know how to run the deer off the property hes got before season .im goona sho him how to be ***WARNING: Text masking. Byron (Moderator)***.this is the 3rd time he has done this to me and im not gonna give him all the deer that we have been passing up if he hunts there a year or 2 with no luck he will leave please someone i need some ideas thanx .:mad:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
lol! sorry heh. but ya got to admit thats funny. RULE 1 never tell noone where the honey hole is!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Do you have permission to be on that property also? If not, how will you trespassing there be any better than what he's doing? I can understand you being upset, but private property is private property. If you guys still tag some big ones, tell him you got them somewhere else.
I guess I should be glad I hunt in a National Forest, that's surrounded by other National Forests.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Spray mens colonge all over that property!
That will keep them off of it!:zip: :zip:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, that is pretty crappy what's he done. But I don't think repelling his deer is the answer. Deer are curious animals and you might find that messing up his area might actually bring 'em in. I've found the best time to find deer is to run a chainsaw, skidder, bulldozer, or burn the woods and within a few minutes of it calming down, they will be in to investigate. now if you go in there every day before he gets there and drop a gasoline covered rag under his stand, he will never see deer.

If you spook his deer, they might head elsewhere and NOT head towards where you hunt either!

Really though, and I'm not one to judge, but give the guy a break. He just wants to kill a deer. Have you tried talking to him about your QDM goals? Maybe he would be happy taking cull bucks and leaving the ones with some promise walk. I just think it would be better to work with him, rather than against him. What goes around comes around in this world!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have tryed to talk to him he just gets mouthy .and on the property he got theres not much cover just a creek with bout 50 yds of brush on both sides but it is a bedding area wont be to hard to ruin it i wood think then they will travel the other trail off a ridge and to me but i am gonna hunt his lil creek hard before blackpowder season opens am currenly tyring to get that place leased then hesout forever

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dont think that mens colonge will work . watched a show couple of years back, "Michigan outdoors" the guys tested to see what would scare off the deer. they poured a bottle of human piss in one spot, a bottle of ammonia in another spot and a bottle of aqua velva in another. all the does started stomping and blowing and they ran off. the bucks came up and sniffed each spot then walked off like nothing was wrong.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
deer hate moth balls. scatter them over his property. he won't see nothing all year. do this about once a month.

·
Registered
372 Posts
What about dog hair or human hair from a barbershop both are perceived predators to deer and deer will avoid both if they catch their scent

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I would leave a little "mother nature" surprise on the seat of his stand:pukey: . You can't stop him from hunting but you could make it harder to take the deer.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Really what your saying is that he is suppose to ask you for permission to hunt land that you do not own but just joins your land before he can ask the real landowners for permission:confused2: .............As long as he hunts legal and is not on your land I really dont see what the big deal is............

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Look, don't shoot the guy. :doh:
You don't own the land, and any sabotage attempts will likely backfire on you anyways. This is how hunting gets a bad name and this is how things blow up in the woods, from people acting irrational. If you own the land, kick him off. If you don't, here's a tune for ya: :violin: Life sucks, grab a cocktail.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Dude

your being a pecker head. My tag says i can shoot any legal deer. it doesnt have to meet your approval. Do your thing and let him do his. Why do you care how big a deer he shoots. This Trophy hunting elitism is asinine. What should happen is the landowner finds out how you are and boots you off his land.

***WARNING: Text masking. Byron (Moderator)***

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yuo dont understand this is the 3rd time he has done this to me an every time i wood leave the place for him to ruin.an go get a new place well he's been a good buddy for bout 3 yrs an so i take him huntin 3 times last year an then he starts this crap an i'm tired of him ruining my spots not givin this 1 up put to much work into havin a good place for me an my kids th hunt a bid deer not just any deer.had no1 hunting within a mile of me before this crap

1 - 20 of 41 Posts