Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that many people think different about using scents, i was just wondering when you start using them and what kind that you use.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cover scent never hurts. I have used Wildlife Research Center Scent Killer Autumn Formula exclusively for the past few years. I also use Wildlife Research Center Acorn Masking Scent. I am not at all sponsored by WRC or any other manufacturer, I have just found their products to be effective, a good value for the money, and always available at my favorite store - Fleet Farm. I spray down my outer layer of clothes with the autumn formula each time before I go out, and my boots get a few sprays of the acorn stuff before I go out too. These scents work and they last, I can smell them when I am out in the field and even days and weeks after I have sprayed them on my clothes. Some people also say that imitation vanilla or vanilla extract also works great as a cover/attractant scent, I haven't tried that yet, but I will sometime and I bet that it works pretty well.

As for attractant scents, I don't use those until the second to last week in October, and even then I use them sparingly. Tink's #69 works the best, just my $0.02.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well you got to cover your own scent first. My Dad has been raising whitetails for about 20 years now and this year we are bottling are own buck and doe urine. It's fresh and not mixed with several deer it is from one single deer. We keep them all seperated and bottle each one indiviually. No science here just the real thing , not gathered in July and package for sale in the fall. Can be picked up here at the farm near Rogers, cabelas for $10.00 per 2 ounce bottle, for another 2.00 I will mail it to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts