Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I have one but I got it before they offered the carry bag with it. Best 20.00 I ever spent. I have dragged 3 deer with it in 2 years and when it wears out I will get another one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Get an ice fishing sled. They are very durable, light, inexpensive, and deep enough that you can haul your treestands, ladders, and of course your deer in and out of the woods. Example for a picture- http://www.icefishingfever.com/ice-fishing-sled.html
I know that the Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. I have used them for years. I have even carried my buddy and all of our gear in mine, while I pulled it behind my ATV.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have a dead sled, but I prefer to use a plastic toboggan sled. It works so much better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got one last year and drug two deer a long way back to the truck, probably close to a mile each. It was the easiest drag I've ever had, slides over the grass like it's greased or on wheels. For the price of them, you can't go wrong and it will be some of the best money you've ever spent.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Works great on grass, not so good through cut corn fields.
I pulled my '08 buck out with one of these and it worked very well sans the cut corn field.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I made my own... bought a big red sled at the hardware store for $9... Drilled some holes in sides for tying deer down... used one of those deer drag harness to attach to sled and that was it... worked well except for pulling deer over cut corn fields...kept tipping sled over.... however, someone stole it last year.... have yet to get or make another...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts