Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that deer can smell human farts? I would imagine that an animal with a nose as keen as a deers could easily smell something that even human noses can detect. Also, if you are on stand and happen to have more than a few occurences, do you necessarily wash your gear before the next hunt? I don't wash my clothes after every hunt, but if I feel like I passed too much gas through them during a hunt, I'll try to wash them that night. I wonder how much of the smell sticks around on your clothes...

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Absolutely!!!!!! Had a good laugh at a couple of fawns at the bottom of the tree I was in last year. Couldn't hold it so I snuck it out, and when it got down there it was hilarious. They didn't know what it was, where to go, if they should go, but they knew it smelled bad!!!! They even tried wiping their faces with their feet to get that smell to go away hahahaha

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
People say pee is pee and deer can't tell the difference between ours and theirs so seems like air biscuits wouldn't be any different
not sure about the gas, but many studies have been done with human urine and deer show up to the mock srapes all the time. I was scared, but tried a mock scrape at the end of season last year and had some of the more mature bucks on camera.

·
Registered
29,169 Posts
People say pee is pee and deer can't tell the difference between ours and theirs so seems like air biscuits wouldn't be any different
I don't believe that contention. If you drink coffee and urinate, you can smell a coffee odor as you relieve yourself. If you can smell it, how can a deer pass it off as another deer? Concerning the original topic, I recall a wise old man say on the topic, "Never trust a fart......." :embara:

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
they can smell your hair, your car air freshener, your dirty socks, some say your urine bothers them but no they cant smell your farts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.