Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hunting this morning and had a couple of does walk by and I happened to notice one of them urinated (yellow snow). I started to think if you can scoop up that snow and bottle it and possibly use it. I know after the snow melts there will be quite a bit of water added with it, but urine is mostly water anyways.

So my question is if someone were to collect that yellow snow, could it be used and would it work? Maybe not as an attractant, but as some sort of cover scent.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
to get rid of the water you could boil it. j/k:) its probably not going to hurt anything. try it you never know

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Last Dec/Jan (i think issue) of QDMA's Quality Whitetails had an article in it where the guy does this then boils it down to get out alot of the water. Kinda interesting reading said not to do it the house for obvious reasons and that it really works for him

·
Registered
430 Posts
off topic but has anyone ever noticed reddish brown deer pee in the snow? I found 4-5 spots when I was walkin around yesterday

·
Registered
79 Posts
I work outside year round and I do know that if you pee in the snow and come back a day later or a few days later that the spot is a lot darker than when first made. Don't know the science of why behind it.

·
Mark
5,573 Posts
don't eat "yellow snow".

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've seen a pure dark yellow. More like a brown.
Never seen red though, might not be a deer or a doe in heat?
this is deffinatley redish brown pee. I found it in about 5 different spots on a 60 acre piece. most of it by the bedding area. I am thinking its a yearling coming into estrus? not really sure but really intrested to find out. it is less than four days old since thats the last time it snowed here. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
112 Posts
off topic but has anyone ever noticed reddish brown deer pee in the snow? I found 4-5 spots when I was walkin around yesterday
Good question, I was still hunting this weekend and saw about 20-25 brown spots, thought it might have been a coupla does in heat but was not sure. Also, most were by bedding areas and food sources.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I melt doe n buck urine all winter for good cover scent to spray in the stand and spray boots with. Ive noticed deer become alot more relaxed when im covered with the real snow melted piss than the tinks aged garbage. Even smells wayyy better never tasted it thiugh😜

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Don't know if it would do any harm. I think the effort to benefit ratio will be a bit off.

·
Vendor
25,286 Posts
Good question, I was still hunting this weekend and saw about 20-25 brown spots, thought it might have been a coupla does in heat but was not sure. Also, most were by bedding areas and food sources.
Subchief you have been around as long as this thread. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts