Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I can shoot both today, I'm going to shoot the Halon and they also have a Defcon m6. I will post results later.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The m6 is a touch slower and different draw cycle than the Defcon 6. Still a great shooting bow.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,536 Posts
The Defcon M7 is as fast as the Halon 6 so there has to be a notable diff in favor of the Defcon.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
My brother said the Defcon m6 was only 3 or 4 fps faster, both bows were set at 28" and 70# with a 350 grain arrow. His Defcon m6 is coming in 10 fps slower than advertised. They are supposed to get a BTX tomorrow so we'll see how it compares.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Ok results are in, both bows set at 70# 28.5" draw 350 grain arrow. Halon 326 fps, Defcon m6 329 fps.
422 grain arrow both bows shot 298 fps.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Ok results are in, both bows set at 70# 28.5" draw 350 grain arrow. Halon 326 fps, Defcon m6 329 fps.
422 grain arrow both bows shot 298 fps.
I will add both bows were strait out of the box with no tuning.

·
Registered
660 Posts
......But which one shoots BETTER??? I know, I know. That is such a loaded and subjective question. But.............which one was better. :wink:

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I have chrono'd both.
27.5" 80#
475 grain arrow
Halon - 288
Defcon 6 (DLS) - 299

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I actually liked both bows in different ways. I like limb stops so the Defcon was better in that way for me. The grip goes to Defcon, I hated the angle of the Halon it was almost straight up and down. They both were very dead on the shot and maybe I would give a slight edge to the Halon. They are both very smooth for how fast they are but have different cycles. The Halon was stiff at the beginning and gradually got easier until you hit the wall. The Defcon started easier hit peek weight later and held weight later in the cycle but still transitioned into the valley nicely. If I had to pick one it would be the Defcon because of the wall and a little better string angle. I also shot the Impulse 34 and didn't care for it at all. Didn't like how it was stiff at the end then dropped pretty hard into the wall.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I actually liked both bows in different ways. I like limb stops so the Defcon was better in that way for me. The grip goes to Defcon, I hated the angle of the Halon it was almost straight up and down. They both were very dead on the shot and maybe I would give a slight edge to the Halon. They are both very smooth for how fast they are but have different cycles. The Halon was stiff at the beginning and gradually got easier until you hit the wall. The Defcon started easier hit peek weight later and held weight later in the cycle but still transitioned into the valley nicely. If I had to pick one it would be the Defcon because of the wall and a little better string angle. I also shot the Impulse 34 and didn't care for it at all. Didn't like how it was stiff at the end then dropped pretty hard into the wall.
Your description of the Halon and Defcon is identical to my thoughts. Both are great but they are different from each other.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have chrono'd both.
27.5" 80#
475 grain arrow
Halon - 288
Defcon 6 (DLS) - 299

Little different result than the other.2-3 fps verses 11fps