Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bowmaster press I keep in my archery box just incase I need it while I'm on a hunt. I've got a defiant turbo on order. Will the bowmaster work on it or are the limbs to far past parallel?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thats a good question. I have a defiant turbo and a bowmaster as well but I haven't tried it. I just assumed that it wouldn't work. The bowmaster worked well on my Spyder and Faktor but I haven't even thought about it for my defiant. I know it is not one of the recommended pressed by Hoyt for the 2016 models. It would be nice to know if I could get by with it in emergencies

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Hell no!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm assuming that it wont work I was at my local pro shop last week shooting the new bows for 2016 that i like I shot the Defiant liked it but as soon as the bow tech told me I would have to buy the new 200 dollar press fingers to press the bow I handed it back and said that is a deal breaker for me to bad to I really liked the bow

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Nite Hawk will work on most past parallel bows, not sure about the Defiant.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
Go to Hoyt Web site and the approved presses are listed. Use anything other than that an something happens your warranty is gone. By the way they can tell if a bow was pressed incorrectly.

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't go stickin a $1400 past-parallel limb bow in a Bowmaster. And I love my Bowmaster and use it often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts