Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently shot the defiant turbo in the number 3 cam at 28.5 I am a 27 in draw the shop did not have the 2 cam. I currently shoot a hoyt charge the valley on the defiant I shot seemed a bout the same as I shoot now. So my question is would there be less valley with the number 2 cam on the defiant at 27? I done some looking online and I see people saying the turbo has little to no valley and I didn't find it bad at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
Efficient use at your draw length would be #2. Besides the #3 won't go down to your draw length so it's a no brainer you need one with the #2 cam.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that I was just wondering if there would be a different feel in the draw and the valley in the number 2 cam or if it would be the same

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I understand that I was just wondering if there would be a different feel in the draw and the valley in the number 2 cam or if it would be the same

Less valley on #2 at 27.5

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Not going to be a lot of valley on either one, as they are speed bows. But the #3 is going to be less aggressive.

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
If valley is a concern then you #1 have the draw length set to long for you, and or #2 your not holding fully into the draw stops through out the whole shot process.
The reason for short valley today is because those longer valleys were wasted energy.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
The cam 1/2 system by nature does not have much, if any valley. Even with your draw length set correctly, you still have to stay hard against the wall so the bow won't take off on you.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I have a nitrum turbo #2 cam 28in draw and I 'm trading it for a defiant turbo #3 cam 28in draw. On the same poundage/same draw length the #3 cam feels like it is on 5lbs less and has double the valley. The is a night and day difference between the #2 and #3 cams on the turbo's. If you shoot the #3 and order a #2 it will not feel like the same bow when you get it.

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
I have a nitrum turbo #2 cam 28in draw and I 'm trading it for a defiant turbo #3 cam 28in draw. On the same poundage/same draw length the #3 cam feels like it is on 5lbs less and has double the valley. The is a night and day difference between the #2 and #3 cams on the turbo's. If you shoot the #3 and order a #2 it will not feel like the same bow when you get it.
For the OP this makes no difference as the #3 cam will not go down to his draw length. Besides it is a well known fact that if you use the #2 cam your bow will be more efficient than the #3 cam because your using the full rotation of the cam instead of just part of the cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts