Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I had a chance to draw back a new defiant turbo, new old stock, and noticed there is zero valley.
Is there a way to increase the valley so it doesn't want to rip off the shoulder if one relaxes a bit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a video on youtube titled "DFX Cam Let-off Improvement... EASY!" (I'd share a link but I don't have permission to yet.
great video on this, good luck!

·
Registered
864 Posts
There is a video on youtube titled "DFX Cam Let-off Improvement... EASY!" (I'd share a link but I don't have permission to yet.
great video on this, good luck!
I was very skeptical this would work. At best I thought it would just barely be noticeable but I was quite shocked at how big of a difference it made. I will say it worked better on my CSFX than my Defiant and perhaps the 28" ATA helps amplify it. That said I don't like the way the video you linked recommends, at least if it's the video I think it is. Now he is doing it the correct way with keeping the left off module 1 notch(.5") under the draw stop setting, but his method adds an extra .5" to your draw length. The way I did it and the way I've seen others recommend is to keep the draw stops at your draw length but move the letoff one notch down. It creates the same effect but you are maintaining your draw length.

A few things I'd add from my experience. You will lose about 5-8fps. You'll also want to either use the limb stop or pick up a set of the Bomar draw stops. Doing this will make the backwall very spongy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts