Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. I have found a big boys bedding area. I'm going out in the morning to hunt my question is do I try to hunt this bedding area or not? The problem is his traveling routes aren't on my property just his bedding. He is bedding 30 yds from the fence then using the neighbors property to travel. If I do hunt this area how soon do I need to be there? I dont know his pattern I just found this place. The wind will be fine in the morning to set up, but I don't want to push him out. Being this late in the season do I go for it or not?

·
Registered
894 Posts
we did the same thing in illinois in o5' we found a big deers bed we bumped out when we found it we set a stand there after the deer left and my friend climbed up,and he killed that buck a few hours later. The buck was a hi 140 class 12pt. not to say the same will happen for u but i would hunt him hard and get him killed being late season and all i dont think you have much to lose and i think if you find a late season bedding area of a big buck you stand a real good chance at killing him more so than anyother time of the year good luck now go kill him and post some pics!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Go in EARLY

If its his bedding area and you are going in the morning, get in there a couple of hours before sunrise. You never know when he will be back, but if you bump him close to daylight, he may not return. If you go in extra early, he may not be back yet and if you do bump him, there are a couple hours of dark left to let things calm down and allow him to return. JMO

·
Looking for a monster!
8,423 Posts
i agree with midwestmaniac, go in before light, gently bump him from his bed then set up waiting for his return. you may only get one or two shots at this before you push him out for good, so make the first one count. i normally would not recommend this, but if you only have a 30 yard window then that is what i would do. also make sure you bump him deeper into your property, not to the neighbors.:wink:

·
Registered
450 Posts
You're gonna bump him no doubt, you've only got 30 yards to the fence. Set up early and stay till dark. Brushdog is spot on I'd say.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I'll be there at 4 in the morning. I just hope it works out. I'll check back before I leave for more advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts