Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking for a cheaper but good yard target and then ran across the Delta Quad Dead Stop Bag Target. I really like it because all sides are equal size so it doesn't fall over and best of all I got it for $40 !!! Anyone else use it or like it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have been looking for a cheaper but good yard target and then ran across the Delta Quad Dead Stop Bag Target. I really like it because all sides are equal size so it doesn't fall over and best of all I got it for $40 !!! Anyone else use it or like it?
I have one, and can guarantee that I will not own another. I've only had mine since January and it will not sit up right. All the packing has settled. The bullseyes have faded. Because the internals have settled the bullseyes are no longer round but are oval shaped. Because of the settling, the top two bullseyes are useless, not enough packing behind them to risk a shot.
On a positive note. Arrow removal is effortless. This is something I really like. My buddy has a Block that we shoot at sometimes, and I get exhausted just trying to remove my arrows.
I recommend one of the bags that hang or one of the new ones that has an internal frame. JMHO

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have one, and can guarantee that I will not own another. I've only had mine since January and it will not sit up right. All the packing has settled. The bullseyes have faded. Because the internals have settled the bullseyes are no longer round but are oval shaped. Because of the settling, the top two bullseyes are useless, not enough packing behind them to risk a shot.
On a positive note. Arrow removal is effortless. This is something I really like. My buddy has a Block that we shoot at sometimes, and I get exhausted just trying to remove my arrows.
I recommend one of the bags that hang or one of the new ones that has an internal frame. JMHO
couldnt you flip the target upside down to get the packing back at the top?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Have not checked out the link yet but if this Delta target is a bag target with the stuffing inside then you need to stomp on it every now and to redistribute the stuffing. Every bag target I've had has had directions mentioning this. If you don't the stuffing settles out to the bottom.

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
I picked up a similar bag target at Wally World real cheap a few years back. Easiest of all of my targets to remove arrows from.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have used that target for several years now..you have to lay the target down and push on the sides to get the stuffing back like it should be...your not going to get the dead stop to stand on its own not with all the K/E its getting hit with...i use a couple fiberglass rods and let the target rest against them or hang the taget between 2 fence posts...i have used mine with expandable heads but it still works fine..i just needed to spray paint new bulls eyes because leaving it out all summer kind of fades them..and yes its a 2 finger pull to get the arrows out..

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
thanks a lot

thanks a lot for the link. that is the ABSOFREAKINLUTLY best target i have ever had. that thing really takes 10. of thousands of shots. i have shot up every side, have red dots painted all over it, stuffing is pouring out and still never a passthrough. now you could mistakingly read that at think well that isn't good, "stuffing pouring out". but that is after thousands and thousands of shots.i am gonna get my fiance to sew a burlap bag around it and add some stuffing and get thousands more. but i am in the market for a new one. did they ship it to you quickly? that target is great!

·
Registered
226 Posts
couldnt you flip the target upside down to get the packing back at the top?
I should have stated that the obvious and recommended methods have been used repeatedly to no avail.
I have smacked it, flipped it and rubbed it down, but it just doesn't do much good. It just squats and leans a different direction.

I probably shouldn't let it get wet sometimes, because I'm sure that doesn't help.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shipping was very fast! Not sure how ling the pirce will last as I see the same target is more expensive on several other websites.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

shipping was very fast! Not sure how long the price will last as I see the same target is more expensive on several other websites.

"""""Had to re-post to fix spelling heirs (''.'')

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
shipping?

shipping was very fast! Not sure how ling the pirce will last as I see the same target is more expensive on several other websites.
was that $40.00+shipping??? if so, how much was shipping? if that is shipping included, WOW, i'll take three!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts