Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a new X7 stabilizer yesterday and it has a dent in it. It looks like someone rapped it against a table or something. It's about 4" from the threads. The shaft isn't bent or anything.
If it were you, would you send it back or just use it? It's a little annoying but I can thread it so it's facing downward so I am not looking at it all the time.
What do you think?
Thanks
-Jim ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418316799.175040.jpg

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'd send it back for sure, that's a pretty big dent. It's the kind of thing that will bother you as long as you have it and the resale value is drastically reduced. Or, have them refund 75% of what you paid. If you keep it, perhaps a musical instrument repair can take out the dent like they do on brass instruments.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking, I just sent a request for a return on it.
Thanks

·
Is that a cookie?
4,862 Posts
I think that dent could be seen as abnormal wear and tear and void the warranty. I'd send it back and then find a new supplier.

·
Registered
258 Posts
supposed to be new first quality? If yes send it back.

Anybody know what AVRS is (advanced vibration reduction system)? All the stab companies use flowery wording to describe the stabalizer but none of them show any details of what the special vibration damping is.

Anyone ever open these up? Mu suspicion is they simply put a piece of rubber, silicone, etc material inside the tube near the ends, probably glued inside.

Sorry wandering off topic.

Paul

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sending it back tomorrow, just trading it in for a new one. I'm guessing it was a return from someone who damaged it and didn't tell them so they just put it back in stock... It is In the box and I didn't notice the damage until I took it out so they probably didn't either.
Thanks
-Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts