Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the reviews on this new Bowtech have been overwhelmingly positive.... I haven't shot it yet but from what I have been hearing/reading I have too. I will be honest I LOVE my Monster 6" and it has been a really good bow for me so far so I doubt I would sell it but I may just have to add a Destroyer 350 if it is in fact "all that" like some have been raving.

But!...............Is there anyone who wasn't all that impressed? Something you didn't like? Didn't agree with all the hype? Well, then lets hear it!! I'm not looking for brand bashing just looking for any opinions that might open my eyes to an issue when I go test shoot it soon.

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you like the Monster, then be worried your going to like the 350, to me it has a draw cycle like the Monster just a little smoother

My first impression was I didn't like it, but in fairness I don't like the Monster either, and its not a brand thing. I just down like the draw cycle of the Monster, and the 350 was alot like it. but the shop had not got it tumed up yet, I will go back in a couple of weeks and give it one more try, :darkbeer:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ok, I'll bite.

I shot the 350 a few days ago finally. As far as performance goes, the only....and I mean ONLY bad thing I could say about about it was that while there is zero hand shock at the shot there is a noticeable little vibration directly afterward. It's just a tiny little "sproing" feeling that doesn't last more than just an instant, but I can feel it. Some others have said that they've felt the same thing too. It's barely perceptible, and there have been lots of other people who have shot it and never felt it, so it's debatable I guess. :confused: I think it probably is a result of the new FLX guard working since it might have a tiny tuning fork effect, but that thing is awesome! If it is in fact the FLX making the vibration then screw it, cuz it will likely do wonders for accuracy/tunability! It's really not so annoying that it's a make it/break it thing, but if I was asked to nitpick (and we were :D) then that's mine.

As for the decals.......yeah they're a little "different" but they're not awful. I think on a blacked out one they would look sweet. Anyway, that's my 2c. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Yup there is some viberation after the shot and fit and finish it's no monster you'll know when you got to shoot it

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
I have to think a 350 bow will have some vibration ..no matter who makes it

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Its a nice bow but....The grip kills it for me. The last few years Bowtech is one of very few bow companies who had a stock grip I liked then there was this...Otherwise very nice and impressive bow...

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I have to think a 350 bow will have some vibration ..no matter who makes it
Has anyone seen a 340 or 350 with string silencers on it yet? I'll bet it makes a difference having something on the string:wink:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i think it was alot like my monster, honestly, not good not bad just another speed bow. and thats the facts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I didn't care for the wall. The post hit the cables not the limbs, so it felt a little spongy to me. I also don't care for the grip.

Other than that it is a very nice bow

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
I have heard that if you creep with it, it will rip your arm out of the socket (figure of speech). This is the main complaint I have heard. Next week I will be going to shoot the 340 and the monster 7. I am interested in a good head to head. I think the monster 6 and the destroyer 350 are both a waste of $$$$ based solely on specs for me.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some very good responses!! I didn't realize the draw stops hit the cables.

Thanks for the info... anyone else?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have heard that if you creep with it, it will rip your arm out of the socket (figure of speech). This is the main complaint I have heard. Next week I will be going to shoot the 340 and the monster 7. I am interested in a good head to head. I think the monster 6 and the destroyer 350 are both a waste of $$$$ based solely on specs for me.
Actually, that would be true of the 82nd to some degree but the 340 I shot easily let down without what your saying. Shoot one and let us know what you think rather than what you heard. We all know how bad false rumors are on AT. I look forward to your review. Good luck. :wink:

I'm thoroughly impressed minus that "sproing" but like wwag mentioned, a little tweak and she'll be as quiet and dead as the Admiral.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Actually, that would be true of the 82nd to some degree but the 340 I shot easily let down without what your saying. Shoot one and let us know what you think rather than what you heard. We all know how bad false rumors are on AT. I look forward to your review. Good luck. :wink:

I'm thoroughly impressed minus that "sproing" but like wwag mentioned, a little tweak and she'll be as quiet and dead as the Admiral.

Oh I plan to shoot one and see for sure, BUT this information has come from 2 different dealers not from AT.
The dealers only told me the complaints they hear from their customers.
Again after I shoot them both next week, I post my honest opinions. I am not brand loyal at all.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
It is a good bow. Maybe the best hunting bow that BT has made so far. Time will tell how it holds up. I don't think that it is "THE BOW" of all bows. There are a couple out there that are just as fast and feel and shoot just as good if not better. It comes down to a personal choice. If you were blind folded I don't think that you could tell the difference between the Destroyer and the SA except for the grip. You will know you have a Destroyer in your hand before you shoot it but that can always be modified.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
it wouled be a great bow if it had 5" extra of ata:(

·
Registered
627 Posts
A poor mans take on the 350

I had read so much on how great this bow was and had decided to sell my
82nd and get one.I went to my dealer and got a chance to shoot a dozen or so shots thru it.I think the draw was better than the 82nd,mainly less of a hump at let off.I liked the shorter ata and it was lighter than my bow.The wall felt a little better but not much.Bare bow to bare bow the shot noise was much less than my 82nd.I really liked the bow but looking at the money end I will keep my 82nd for a while longer.I think they made some good improvements and it is a really well made bow.I don't feel that the upgrades are worth the money to me now.If I didn't already have a bow I would get one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
and what "tweak" would that be?

Simple. I think the only reason I felt that "sproing" be it the FLX Guard or the string itself is because the bow is so dead when shot. There is nothing else to feel so something has to stand out, at least on the 340 I shot.

If it's the string, some simple string leeches and if it's the FLX Guard, some Simms or some sort should do the job. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked my 350 up yesterday. 70 lbs 29 in draw heavy arrow 307 fps.

I'm old school, been shoting my High Country for the past 20 years and decided to upgrade. Went and shot all the new bows and chose the 350.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts