Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have owned both, which did you like better ? I used to have a D-350 which I regret selling,but am curious of the Experience.I can't make up my mind if I want to get another 350 or try a Experience.Which one did you shoot better with? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
2 different bows... Speed vs smooth. You'd be better off comparing 360 or Overdrive to the 350. Experience is one of Bowtechs best bows.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Not 2 totally different bow. Have you owned both? I think they are very similar in draw and feel. My destoryers were always faster but the draw and shot was the same as the experience. If thy experience would have gone to 26 inch draw I would have kept it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It can go to 26" draw???? I own a destroyer 350 amd shot the experience. I loved the experience but also love my destroyer lol

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
No experience only goes to 26.5. I actually liked all my destoryers more then all my experiences. Had 2 of each, I think the 26.5 ex would have been better if it went to 26 tho.

·
Socket Man
24,353 Posts
The one you can get the better deal on, to me getting a destroyer just got more of a option with the new barnsdale limbs being offered for 150 bucks. Now if you could find one that had the limbs broke and is just laying around with good cams and you could get it for next to nothing you could throw on some strings and barnsdale limbs and have a sweet freaking bow.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
i have a D340 and an experience. a D350 will be delivered today.

i have had the D340 since it came out, and i bought the experience earlier this year. the experience is now for sale if interested.

the experience is rated slower, but shot the same speed for me through the chrono as my D340. the Experience is smoother drawing (to me) at 30"; and has less hand shock. i shoot them both about the same. i shot them both great. the experience is a great bow, and if it were offered in 80# i would say its the best bow bowtech ever made. it draws so smooth mine maxes at 74# and feels like butter.

i bought the experience because bowtech stopped warrantying destroyer limbs. now that barnsdale makes replacements, even though i believe the experience is a better bow, i'd rather have the money to build an 80# D350 power bow.

the experience has a slightly longer brace height than the D350, has less limb flaking, the center pivot technology for almost zero hand shock, and that thing is scary quiet (i also shoot 500gr arrows). i'd give a nod to the exp. in terms of best bow, but the destroyers hold a special place in my heart too, since i'm keeping mine.

i have a practically brand new experience for sale in the classifieds :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have both and while both are great bows the Experience is quieter, deader , smoother and holds a little better. I like my Experience much better than the RPM360 I had, its already gone.

·
Straight Shooter
5,743 Posts

i have had the D340 since it came out, and i bought the experience earlier this year. the experience is now for sale if interested.

the experience is rated slower, but shot the same speed for me through the chrono as my D340. the Experience is smoother drawing (to me) at 30"; and has less hand shock. i shoot them both about the same. i shot them both great. the experience is a great bow, and if it were offered in 80# i would say its the best bow bowtech ever made. it draws so smooth mine maxes at 74# and feels like butter.

i bought the experience because bowtech stopped warrantying destroyer limbs. now that barnsdale makes replacements, even though i believe the experience is a better bow, i'd rather have the money to build an 80# D350 power bow.

the experience has a slightly longer brace height than the D350, has less limb flaking, the center pivot technology for almost zero hand shock, and that thing is scary quiet (i also shoot 500gr arrows). i'd give a nod to the exp. in terms of best bow, but the destroyers hold a special place in my heart too, since i'm keeping mine.
Wait til you shoot a well tuned Destroyer 350 with the Barnsdale Archery limbs and a set of Limbsavers on it :mg:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Some Experience bows have gotten up to 350 IBO but they all shoot over the 335 IBO it'd advertised at def more like the Invasions IBO. The Experience is a much smoother draw for sure. If you don't care about the little extra speed go with the Experience.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,543 Posts

i have a practically brand new experience for sale in the classifieds :)
Your last line answers it all! Lol - you can't go wrong with either!!! Now that Barnsdale has limbs I have stopped looking for other new bows!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts