Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
styger
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to shoot the Destroyer 350 tonight. After hearing so much about this bow I was feeling good when the local shop called and said he got a 350 in. It was set up with a tm style rest and a brass nock. The limb graphics blend in and match the string color very well and looked good to me. The draw was set at 29 (not measured) which is short for me but still felt OK. 70 pounds felt like 70 pounds. I felt no humps, bangs or bumbs anywhere, very smooth all the way back. The flex guard had more flex in it at rest than I expected and looked like it gave no clearance at all at first glance. I was surprised at how much clearance it provided with an arrow on. At the shot I was surprised with very little noise no vibration and only a mild feel at the shot. The birth certificat read 71.8 pounds 29 inch 341fps. I shot a 370 grain arrow at 328 consistently. Great speed. I don't like the sound of a 6 inch brace and was leaning towards the 340 but I was pleasently surprised at the "feel" of shootability from this bow. It held better at full draw than any other bow I have shot. I agree with others that the one negative is the grip. It felt great while shooting but it does look cheap. I would like to shoot 40 yard groups with each to make up my mind but I think I will own one of these bows soon. Well for me the Destroyer was all that it has been cracked up to be and held up to all of the Hoopla. Shoot one for yourself and find out which it is for you.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Well I got to shoot the Destroyer 350 tonight. After hearing so much about this bow I was feeling good when the local shop called and said he got a 350 in. It was set up with a tm style rest and a brass nock. The limb graphics blend in and match the string color very well and looked good to me. The draw was set at 29 (not measured) which is short for me but still felt OK. 70 pounds felt like 70 pounds. I felt no humps, bangs or bumbs anywhere, very smooth all the way back. The flex guard had more flex in it at rest than I expected and looked like it gave no clearance at all at first glance. I was surprised at how much clearance it provided with an arrow on. At the shot I was surprised with very little noise no vibration and only a mild feel at the shot. The birth certificat read 71.8 pounds 29 inch 341fps. I shot a 370 grain arrow at 328 consistently. Great speed. I don't like the sound of a 6 inch brace and was leaning towards the 340 but I was pleasently surprised at the "feel" of shootability from this bow. It held better at full draw than any other bow I have shot. I agree with others that the one negative is the grip. It felt great while shooting but it does look cheap. I would like to shoot 40 yard groups with each to make up my mind but I think I will own one of these bows soon. Well for me the Destroyer was all that it has been cracked up to be and held up to all of the Hoopla. Shoot one for yourself and find out which it is for you.
Nice, honest review.

My honest opinion from me feeling the "sproing" at the very end of the shot is because the bow is so dead in the hand that we MUST feel something and that's all that sticks out. If it's the string, Leeches should help, if it's the FLX Guard, maybe some Simms pads. It certainly has less jump, vibration noise than any of my previous 10 Hoyts and all but the same as the CP line. IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts