Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i have a few question i have the destroyer 350 and i am currently using the QAD HD rest. my question is, the arrow containment guard slightly touches the FLX system . although the FLX system still works perfectly and still moves . when i draw back it presses up against the rest. what should i do? get a new rest? or just wait it out?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I just set up my 340 yesterday and have had similar problems with both the 340 and an omen I had. I cut off the containment bar and that whole bracket that holds it, then it fits fine. Iv'e used these rests for a while now and hate the containment bar! It is much easier to load the arrow, and I don't bowhunt or shoot upside down, so the containment has never been an issue with me. May not be for you, But if you'll pm me an adress I'll take some photos of mine and send them to you.:)

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I just set up my 340 yesterday and have had similar problems with both the 340 and an omen I had. I cut off the containment bar and that whole bracket that holds it, then it fits fine. Iv'e used these rests for a while now and hate the containment bar! It is much easier to load the arrow, and I don't bowhunt or shoot upside down, so the containment has never been an issue with me. May not be for you, But if you'll pm me an adress I'll take some photos of mine and send them to you.:)
That is what I would do.
I always take the pressed in cross bar off my QAD rests anyways.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Option A:
Put a piece of mole skin in between and forget it.

Option B:
Remove containment bar and allen screw.
Dremmel off bracket and touch up with sharpie or black fingernail polish. Removing the bar alone will not help as it is hitting the "bracket" not the bar.

Edit: ensure your center shot precisely first...

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Did you use the spacer that comes with the rest? The rest shouldn't go out far enough for the center shot without it. We have no clearance issues with the 350 that has the QAD on it at the shop.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
In the package that the rest came in there is a spacer that goes in between the rest and the mounting bar that shims the rest over about 3/16". that should fix it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
figured it out.

i change the way it is mounted on the bow and i rotated the verticle axis till she leveled out. arrow clears rest still as well as tears straight. thanks guys for the ideas...

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
The rest comes with a spacer block which you do not have on. Put the spacer on you will have no issues and you do not and should not cut the top off the rest

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where do you mount the spacer. i needed the rest further to the lest not to the right

1 - 15 of 15 Posts