Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have had their hands on a Destroyer or even if you are one of the lucky ones to own one already, have you tried to take the grip off and would simple wooden side plates work on this bow? I custom make my own side plates and am wondering if I will be able to when I get my Destroyer. Also is the riser have rounded edges under the grip or do they have sharp edges? One other question, what do you all think of having the limbs dipped to cover the decals and red layer that shows?

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I would assume sideplates will fit the riser...maybe stick-on ones.

Just wish Bowtech would of had the $800 bow come with em. :wink:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
For those who have had their hands on a Destroyer or even if you are one of the lucky ones to own one already, have you tried to take the grip off and would simple wooden side plates work on this bow? I custom make my own side plates and am wondering if I will be able to when I get my Destroyer. Also is the riser have rounded edges under the grip or do they have sharp edges?
Great question. I don't have mine yet although I shot the 340. Loved how the grip felt, seemed to have a great spot for the thumb but I'd like to know these answers too. A custom grip that would be more attractive than the current grip would be nice.

One other question, what do you all think of having the limbs dipped to cover the decals and red layer that shows?
I actually love the red layer in the limbs and in person, the decal/emblem didn't look so gaudy. IMO. I can live with it because of the awesome way it shoots. :wink:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I would assume sideplates will fit the riser...maybe stick-on ones.

Just wish Bowtech would of had the $800 bow come with em. :wink:
Nice.

Handle area looks rounded?

And the 340 I shot had the wood inlays in the plastic grip. Wonder what it would be like with just the inlays and the grip off?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I tried to remove the grips on my 340 after reading your post. Removed the 2 screws on either side of grip, but would not come off, maybe I'm missing something. Didn't want to pry on it for fear of marring finish.:set1_thinking:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good

Good, looks like from those pics I will be able to make my plates work. As far as the limbs go, I am going to get the Black ops version and just don't like the red but it may look good with my Northern Lights side plates. will have to test it and see.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I tried to remove the grips on my 340 after reading your post. Removed the 2 screws on either side of grip, but would not come off, maybe I'm missing something. Didn't want to pry on it for fear of marring finish.:set1_thinking:
Probably double stick tape.....
If you really want it off, hit it with a hot air dryer or heat gun and lift, it should come off.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
dipping limbs

i thought i read somewhere the reason the side were not dipped was because they could not get the finish to stick to the side i may be wrong but i thought i remember reading this

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i thought i read somewhere the reason the side were not dipped was because they could not get the finish to stick to the side i may be wrong but i thought i remember reading this
Not sure what you mean bud. The side plates on the camo bows are camo'd.

The Black Opt is black.

Of course the plastic grip is black.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what you mean bud. The side plates on the camo bows are camo'd.

The Black Opt is black.

Of course the plastic grip is black.
He is talking about the limbs. Are the limbs on the Camo Bow All camo or can you see the red? I know on the black ops you can see the red. Not sure about not sticking hadn't read that but could very well missed it in all the 1000's of posts.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
He is talking about the limbs. Are the limbs on the Camo Bow All camo or can you see the red? I know on the black ops you can see the red. Not sure about not sticking hadn't read that but could very well missed it in all the 1000's of posts.

Ah, silly me. I'm sorry about that. I was thinking side plates, grips. LOL

Yes, the layering system of the limbs only allows for the film layer on the top and bottom. It's a very methodical camo'ing process and one reason why the only option in camo limbs is the standard.

Yes, the red is seen in the camo version.

See website and then click Hardcore Limbs http://www.bowtecharchery.com/

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Probably double stick tape.....
If you really want it off, hit it with a hot air dryer or heat gun and lift, it should come off.
Thanks for the tip, and thanks even more for helping protect my freedom. I appreciate it!:)

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
dipping limbs

do you think there is any other method that could be used to make the limbs all camo like powdercoating or another dipping process i dont know about i like the limbs the way the are but some other guys are asking dont mean to hijack your thread

·
Registered
428 Posts
Destroyer grips

I own a bowtech dealership and I want to provide my customers with an engraved wood side plate grip for the new destroyer. I want to put our shop logo on one side and there names on the other. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone twho does this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
looking for someone who makes these and can engrave them.

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
I took a grip off a 340 last night. There is no glue or tape on them. The plastic grip is just a really tight fit. It is best to pry at the bottom of the grip on the back of the riser. Just use something that isn't sharp.

Underneath is a nice rounded riser that feels very comfortable in the hand. I'm sending the grip off to a plate maker this week for him to use as a pattern.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I took a grip off a 340 last night. There is no glue or tape on them. The plastic grip is just a really tight fit. It is best to pry at the bottom of the grip on the back of the riser. Just use something that isn't sharp.

Underneath is a nice rounded riser that feels very comfortable in the hand. I'm sending the grip off to a plate maker this week for him to use as a pattern.
thats good news

1 - 18 of 18 Posts