Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious if anyone has had a chance to compare a 40-50 pound destroyer to a 40-50 pound equalizer at 26.5 inch draw. Is the equalizer still faster under these specs? Does the destroyer draw easier under these specs?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im interested in the comparison with the 340, i dont want to give my wife the 350.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
I cant completely answer your question. The equaliser I had set on 27.5 mods was about 12-13 fps slower than my 340. The 340 is set on 27.5. I do like the draw better on my 340 but that is just personal preferance. Go to a good shop and have them to set a 340 on 26.5 dl and shoot it. Thats the only way you will know if you will like or dislike the draw of the 340.

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
We compared my buddies equalizer 26" to his new D350 destroyer 26". The Destroyer was 20 fps faster at the same weight with the same arrow.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We compared my buddies equalizer 26" to his new D350 destroyer 26". The Destroyer was 20 fps faster at the same weight with the same arrow.
Thank you for the responce. That would lead me to believe that 340 would still be faster then the equalizer all things being equal. What did your buddy think about the draw comparison? Did the destroyer draw easier or harder?

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Wonder what would be faster a EQ at 27.5 @ 60# or a Guardian at 27.5" @ 65 #

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder what would be faster a EQ at 27.5 @ 60# or a Guardian at 27.5" @ 65 #
Im not sure, but i would bet under your specs the guardian would be a tougher draw. Im always looking for a way to get as much speed as i can for my wife since she is shooting a fairly short draw length and shoots in the 40 pound range. I want her to be able to get as much penetration on a deer as possible. I shoot a guardian and i know the draw is what i consider "stiff". So its not a bow i would consider for her.

If i could find a bow that shoots as fast as her equalizer that was easier to draw, i would buy it for her in a heart beat. If i can find a bow that shoots faster then her equalizer with a draw cycle no worse then her equalizer i would buy it in a heart beat. Because we hunt in cold michigan weather where heavy clothing is the norm, i wont consider a bow with a sub 7inch brace height for her. Seems like the D340 might work for her, but i want to gather facts before i drop $800+

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else?

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
The D340 will certainly work for her, if she likes the bow;)
I have shot the D340, own the D350 and have previously owned an Equalizer.
Honestly I would go for the Destroyer 350. The 340 is an absolute joy to shoot, but so is the D350. At her draw lentgth and weight she could use all the speed a bow can generate. That 6" brace shouldn't be too much of a burden in the cold weather. I used to hunt with a 5 3/4" brace Bowtech BlackKnight during the Ohio late season and found it useful to turn the draw weight down a few pounds.
At 26", I'm getting 295fps with a 260grain arrow @ 50lbs. Tuned right, you're wife could be shooting a setup that could crack 300fps. Cool, huh:D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The D340 will certainly work for her, if she likes the bow;)
I have shot the D340, own the D350 and have previously owned an Equalizer.
Honestly I would go for the Destroyer 350. The 340 is an absolute joy to shoot, but so is the D350. At her draw lentgth and weight she could use all the speed a bow can generate. That 6" brace shouldn't be too much of a burden in the cold weather. I used to hunt with a 5 3/4" brace Bowtech BlackKnight during the Ohio late season and found it useful to turn the draw weight down a few pounds.
At 26", I'm getting 295fps with a 260grain arrow @ 50lbs. Tuned right, you're wife could be shooting a setup that could crack 300fps. Cool, huh:D
Thank you for the imput. How does the destroyer draw cycle feel to you compared to the equalizer?

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Thank you for the imput. How does the destroyer draw cycle feel to you compared to the equalizer?
MUCH smoother. It loads quickly at the beginning and also drops fairly abruptly against the wall. The Destroyer also has a bit more valley than the Equalizer as well. That makes it a bit easier to let down if needed and won't "catch" and fling your draw arm forward should you creep the tiniest little bit, like some Bowtechs will.

·
Registered
958 Posts
"If i could find a bow that shoots as fast as her equalizer that was easier to draw, i would buy it for her in a heart beat."

New Breed Archery Genetix meets the above criteria. It faster and smoother

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"If i could find a bow that shoots as fast as her equalizer that was easier to draw, i would buy it for her in a heart beat."

New Breed Archery Genetix meets the above criteria. It faster and smoother
Im not against New Breed, but there isnt a dealer in my state, so it pretty much rules them out for me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MUCH smoother. It loads quickly at the beginning and also drops fairly abruptly against the wall. The Destroyer also has a bit more valley than the Equalizer as well. That makes it a bit easier to let down if needed and won't "catch" and fling your draw arm forward should you creep the tiniest little bit, like some Bowtechs will.
thank you again for the imput. I like what im hearing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts