Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any websites out there that have instructions to construct detachable tree steps from every day construction (avaiable at home depot or lowes) material. I know there are a couple of companies (E-Z climb) out there, but $ 10 per step is crazy.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I remember my dad cutting them out of 3 inch angle iron and drilling and keying them for bolts. They werent used very long as they were too heavy to carry in and out every time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found that the best way to go is to use the regular style screw-in tree steps. There is a new tree step installer on the internet that makes installing and removing tree steps easy and it is very light I think only 12 oz., it also has a rubber hammer built into it for starting the steps into the tree. Check it out at www.treesteptool.com

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you have to use a tree-step starter to get your screw-in steps started, you're using the wrong steps, period.

Get Cranfords and save yourself a ton of work.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
$10 seems cheap if you spend hours trying to build something and there is always the possibility of failure. My time is worth more than that.

No way I could make a quality step for $10:)

I've had mine for years!!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
might get more responses in the bowhunting forum.

When your life is on the line do your best to not compromise quality.

·
Registered
765 Posts
One popular option is an electric drill with auger bit and a head bolt from a truck engine or other long bolts. Just stick the bolt in the hole going up pull it out coming down.
Works like a charm.:darkbeer:
KO_32

1 - 8 of 8 Posts